Quantcast

xxx Thew stay xxx

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Getting back to my normal routine. Enjoying my new set of colored pencils and sipping coffee at the moment.

Talked to a few old co-workers, I do actually feel a little bad for them. What a surprise though, rich guy owner that says “he’ll have your back” sold the place and now your going to get let go. That has never happened before:rolleyes:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
up somewhat early via alarm to sign some cases and therefore get paid for 2 more hours of moonlighting work actually done last night. bills to pay, etc.

shall be at the hospital during normal hours today, flinging barium for fluoroscopy.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
last day for a while in the high 80s...c'mon fall. need me those cool crisp 70s/50s!

punch list day for this exhibition. docent training this afternoon; patron/owner of collection on display flies in tomorrow.

might squeeze in a quick ride while 13yo is at football practice tonight. gotta remember to call mom today as it's her bday.

have a good one, mes amis.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Former employee EMT who left for promises of greener pastures last week discovered that his new employer lied to him. Called and asked for his old job back. He gave proper notice and worked all his shifts. Good kid so what the hell we said sure.

Espresso then off to the Delta for a nice easy 5 transport shift

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Drywall guy is supposed to finish up today. Hell yea.

If only I had $350 to friviously spend, this would be awesome.
1694522565091.png

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
up somewhat early via alarm to sign some cases and therefore get paid for 2 more hours of moonlighting work actually done last night. bills to pay, etc.

shall be at the hospital during normal hours today, flinging barium for fluoroscopy.
So did you also get paid for the time you were doing the work last night?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
on the "incredibly bad idea" front ... I'm on the 14th floor, and there is a giant window which can be opened wide without any bars or other checks to keep things/people inside.

:hmm:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So did you also get paid for the time you were doing the work last night?
they pay moonlighting (work outside of normal hours) nominally by the hour. we decided that N cases per hour was a reasonable work rate. so I read N x 9 cases over the course of last evening between this and that, but only had enough waking hours to sign N x 7 of them at that rate. this was to sign the last N x 2 with timestamps at the appropriate time for the beancounters.

it'd be much more straightforward if they paid by case instead of by hour. trying to get that changed to avoid these shenanigans.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
on the "incredibly bad idea" front ... I'm on the 14th floor, and there is a giant window which can be opened wide without any bars or other checks to keep things/people inside.

That's how the Russians build. I'm sure it'll be just fine. It's not like there's a spate of individuals tumbling out of upper level windows to their death there or anything.

most of the "big" project work for pool prep is done. last major item is renting a stump grinder to dispatch some stumps this weekend.
Might be worth soliciting a quote. When I looked into it recently, the cost to have 2 stumps removed was equivalent to the rental cost from Home Depot.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Might be worth soliciting a quote. When I looked into it recently, the cost to have 2 stumps removed was equivalent to the rental cost from Home Depot.
what kind of crazy place are you living in? it's exactly the opposite here. plus i have like 7 or 8 stumps that need to be done. last time i got a quote was pre-covid and it was a grand, renting a good size SG from our local HD is ~$325 for 24 hours.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I feel like shit, wow. I couldn't sleep night before last, then yesterday I was freezing, but didn't have a fever. I went back to bed at 1 and stayed there. I just feel like shit overall and it really sucks. Need to see doc this morning and at least get my back in order.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

when you get fired they just throw your shit out the window instead of you clearing out your desk?