Quantcast

Y.A.F.R.O. Trails

Jan 21, 2004
South Central...(PA)
http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=17578247/t_=8008506

It's still a work in progress, so no laughing! We've spent about two solid weekends building this stuff, with a few hours here and there mixed in. Everything is pretty wide so it's not too hard to ride. The teeter is a blast! You can just bomb it and practically launch off of it before it hits the bridge on the other side! Or, of you're in the mood for some slow lovin', you can back it off a notch or two and kind of stall in the middle before it swings down. Either way, it's great! After the teeter, you go up a slight incline where you have an option to get off to the right on a steep skinny. Right now we have the 4' lander there temporarily so you can just drop off if you so desire. If you keep going on the main line, the bridge banks left and then right and drops about 4-5'. It then levels out for about 20-25' at which point you have another option. This one is really fun! It's a banked berm that shoots you out back on to the driveway. We hope to link this line with the skinny line we built under the main stunt. We haven't finished the rest yet so the berm is the end. The plan is to go up and over the shed and then drop off the end. It'll be a drop of about 12-13' onto that 4' lander you see in the pictures. Can't wait to give that a go! The low line is quite challenging even though it's only 6" off the ground. It starts out with a 3" skinny about 10' long. After that you make two 90 degree turns. We put just enough wood to make it interesting. And the final obstacle is a 1" tabletop-shaped skinny! Yeah, 1"!! It's really tough! The third line is actually in the foreground of the main stunt. It's not much, really. It's a dirt jump step up to a bridge and then you ride down another bridge. That's still a work in progress too. Well, I hope you likey! Come up and give it a shot. This property borders a county park so we have a lot more cool stuff to ride there.

Dave

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
sounds awesome Dave -- any way you can put the pics somewhere where you don't have to get a login to view 'em?

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Wow , looks smaller on film , although the one at the bottom of the second set taken from the driveway gives a pretty realistic view of just how tall it really is.
Ok ya'll , come getcha some !

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
What's up, yafro bros! Wendy and I were thinking about contacting ya'll to see about riding up there soon (this Sun?). What a coincidence to find this thread! PM sent :cool:
BTW, Phil mentioned to Wendy something about hookin up with a babysitter for his kid and ours??? What's his handle on the RM?

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Will and Wendy, I spoke to Phill this evening and I guess he's going to e-mail ya.sounds like sat is the day , I'll work it out so I can ride. NotQuiteJDM, come on up . Im me when you see me on .

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
Sorry E.C., plans were started behind your back - but we still love you. It is looking like Sunday is the day. If anyone wants to come up Saturday, I am still game. E.C. - will Sun. work for you?

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Yo Phil .Dude you live 5 mins from me .I can't believe I'm communicating with you through the Va and surounding areas forum.Plans have been made behind my back all my life -nothing new-I'll make sunday work .Lets see it's only tues , you still have time to change your mind a couple of more times ,sat sun sat sun sat sun your worse than a woman .ok I know I'm going to take abuse for that sorry in advance.
Did you buy the ramps today ?
Later E.C.

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
I only communicated this way so I could get my first post up! You know how it is to post just for numbers, right? We bid on 3 ramps today - 6' quarter to quarter, 4' quarter to quarter with deck, and 11' quarter. We will find out Sat.

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
An 11' quarter in your front yard? Your homeowner's insurance rep's gonna have a stroke! :devil:

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
The 11' quarter (should we win it) will go in the back woods along my property line. We could buzz down the hill to hit it. We would also make a wall ride next to it that we could hit from the quarter.
NICE

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
The final word... we will meet Sunday at 10:30. YAFRO guys can get there early if you want just in case Taf and I are late getting out of church. 10:30 is when Will and Wendy will be there. Come one come all.

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
The Sunday YAFRO ride was a blast. Thanks Will and Wendy for coming up today. This was my last day on a bike until ski/snowboard season is over. The mountain owns me now. Maybe some stray stunt rides on a Sunday - we'll see. Thanks for a great year YAFRO guys. I look forward to building some REAL stunts next year - that stuff is just too easy!

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
The ride was excellent, yafro bros! Kinda like the shed without shuttling... You didn't miss much after you left, E.C. We played around by the pavillion and stuff. I'm super jealous of your location, too, Phil; so much riding with so little commitment, so close!
PM me if you wanna tag team babysit while one or the other hits some stunts in yer yard :thumb:
Thanks again!