Quantcast

*$* Y'all are asleep late this morning *$*

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
FINE. we all slept in b/c everything’s closed/delayed. what always happens here happened-not much snow, but above freezing temps during day melted it a bit on the roads, then it all froze overnight turning it into a sheet of ice everywhere...

now, coffee. new-to-me frame is now more than 3/4 of the way between reno and here. c’mon, FedEx!

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
one nice thing about working late, I can take the short bus home and sleep in. It was nice getting up 1.5 hours later than usual. bonus: It's only a 15 minute drive to my first pickup of the day.

Coffee, eats then fire up the bus.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ordered something from LLBean, which is pretty much due east from me (Ottawa, Canada) I was watching the tracking info, and it went from Maine, to NH, then all the way down to Tenessee... WTF?!?!?! Got a message today that due to inclement weather my item will be delayed. I'm guessing it got caught in your storm. It doesn't matter, I'm not in a rush, but it seems totally inefficient to ship stuff half way across the country, when it's just a few hundred miles from it's final destination. oh well... no biggie.

otherwise, it's warm and pleasant here. nice bike ride in, it was.

have a good day!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello! It appears to be Thursday. I am not really sure how we got to Thursday already, but okay.

Man, the pot holes on one of the freeways here are getting insane. I've been sticking to the slowlane and driving half on the shoulder to avoid them. There has been a car pulled off to the side with a flat tire every day this week...

And while looking for a news article on the potholes, I found this... http://www.cbncompass.ca/news/rcmp-investigate-man-in-dildo-caught-on-video-driving-into-oncoming-traffic-173486/

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Ordered something from LLBean, which is pretty much due east from me (Ottawa, Canada) I was watching the tracking info, and it went from Maine, to NH, then all the way down to Tenessee... WTF?!?!?! Got a message today that due to inclement weather my item will be delayed. I'm guessing it got caught in your storm. It doesn't matter, I'm not in a rush, but it seems totally inefficient to ship stuff half way across the country, when it's just a few hundred miles from it's final destination. oh well... no biggie.

otherwise, it's warm and pleasant here. nice bike ride in, it was.

have a good day!
memphis, tn, is fed ex’s main facility

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listening to avishai cohens "cross my palm with silver"....returning wireless charger for phone that does not work.....going to bed.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Fuck off! It's my day off and I'll stay in bed if I want to. Vet appointment with dog #2 at 10. He's really bounced back the last couple days, so we'll see how that goes.

I was watching the tracking info, and it went from Maine, to NH, then all the way down to Tenessee... WTF?!?!?!
memphis, tn, is fed ex’s main facility
:stupid:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Took me about an hour to get shoveled out enough to leave my driveway. We got about 10 inches of fluffy snow in my part of NC. Highway was only slightly better than the rural roads. Nearly 45min. extra tacked on the to the commute. Nobody here. Office was closed yesterday, and I think many people are sleeping off the hangover today, too. I'm going to hang around until about 3, then jet on out....I've had an awful cold for the last few days, so the freebie day was well-needed.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
New receiver is installed. Firestick and Chromecast don't transmit video, but show up on the receiver as Firestick appropriately. WTF? I still need to sort out the A/V setup in the basement then which ever surround sound system is left over is open market (probably for @Nick at yeah cheap!).

Still waiting for IT to show up with my new laptop. I want it dammit!

Probably taking Haley up to Loveland Saturday and might go up myself on Sunday for freshy fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
SID World Cup and some carbon water bottle cages?
nah, suspension tuning, headset reducer cups, and i've since learned that i can get a new set of chainstays to switch the rear wheel from qr to a thru axle. but that requires a new hub. and if i'm doing that i may as well get new for lowers to switch that from qr to 15mm, and a new front hub to boot.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
WTF is this work shit? I got up late and all they have left is Fruit Loops. The smell makes me want to gag. I want waffles and I don'r care if they have to clean the kitchen again. No eggs, no chives, not a piece of produce in the fridge. How do people live like this? Wonder bread and Folgers.... Gahhhh!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
New receiver is installed. Firestick and Chromecast don't transmit video, but show up on the receiver as Firestick appropriately. WTF? .
I run mine direct in to the TV through HDMI. Receiver picks it up as a separate input source from the the TV. Don't forget a VPN if you're using Kodi. Don't want your ISP spying on what you're streaming.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I run mine direct in to the TV through HDMI. Receiver picks it up as a separate input source from the the TV.
depending on the hardware you have, i believe most receivers are HDMI pass through, which requires a chromecast/firestick to be run directly to the TV because there is no separate audio channel / connecter. you'd then need to connect tv audio out back into the receiver.

at least this is how my setup works. but it is decidedly non-monocle.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've been up since 4am and I'd dive under a bus right now if it didn't take so much energy.
Haley was wondering if you were skiing with us Saturday, just an fyi. I said probably not, but just an fyi.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Cast off today for Mariko followed by the car wash (she loves it if she can sit up front with me) and Chick-Fil-A at her request.

Costco.com also delivered the kids’ new bunk bed. 5 boxes. Problem is that 3 of said boxes are from the correct bed and 2 are for a different (color and style) bunk bed.

:facepalm:

Work soon for a half day.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i've never used it for snow that deep; usually when we get that much snow its moisture content is too high.
see my post above-you can blow to top part off, but usually there’s a layer underneath that’s melted and refrozen, so you end up exposing a layer of ice...i guess that would help it melt faster the next day...

was up at 330am taking the kid to the ER. Kid is fine, I want to die though.
yup. been there. done that. ugh.