Quantcast

Yancey's Ridge

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Has anyone ridden Yancey's ridge recently ?

I used to ride there several times a year back in the day, but haven't been there in probably 11 years. It used to be a 14 mile loop starting at the bottom, off 1511 ( I think ) or Roseboro rd.

Is it as gnarly as it used to be ?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
somebody pm me and fill me in. where exactly is it and what type of terrain.
It's not a secret stash trail. It's one of the original trails in the Wilson Creek area near Linville. ( backside of Grandfather ) I think it can be done as a shuttle, but I've always done it as a loop.

It starts with a 3.25 mile climb and ends with a 5 mile climb. The singletack is a ridge trail that is very, very steep, rocky, rooty and rutted. There is a section that is a gully up to your head with 2+ foot drops. Your bars will probably scrape the walls of it.

I would love to hit it up on my SX-Trail because the last time i road it I was on a hard tail.

Back in my XC racing days it was a little known trail that we used for training because it is a straight-up pain fest.

I just want to make sure that it hasn't been bull-dozed so I don't waste a trip up from Winston.

It's listed on MTBR in the trail review section.

thepope77

Chimp
Feb 21, 2007
Claremont, NC
It's not a secret stash trail. It's one of the original trails in the Wilson Creek area near Linville. ( backside of Grandfather ) I think it can be done as a shuttle, but I've always done it as a loop.

It starts with a 3.25 mile climb and ends with a 5 mile climb. The singletack is a ridge trail that is very, very steep, rocky, rooty and rutted. There is a section that is a gully up to your head with 2+ foot drops. Your bars will probably scrape the walls of it.

I would love to hit it up on my SX-Trail because the last time i road it I was on a hard tail.

Back in my XC racing days it was a little known trail that we used for training because it is a straight-up pain fest.

I just want to make sure that it hasn't been bull-dozed so I don't waste a trip up from Winston.

It's listed on MTBR in the trail review section.
And it's in great shape too - rode it 2 weeks ago and it's rippin'.