Quantcast

YES!!! Who is John deFault?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Idiot ideologue who thinks capitalism in its purest form is the way to your riches? Welfare queen who thinks your true glory will come just as soon as you can get the government off your back?

Well the time is right!

Here's your flick to either justify those thoughts or (more likely) put them into your head!

http://www.atlasshruggedpart1.com/

Looks about as good(sic) as the book.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
teabagger skin flick i presume?

i never read anything by her.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
teabagger skin flick i presume?

i never read anything by her.
Are you serious?

Oh god she's awful. You ever meet a fairly well spoken 20 year old who's come to a realization in their own life and then does nothing but profess it in your face over and over and over again, no matter what the situation? Like born agains. Like baptists. All the while all you can think is how much they have left to learn?

That's randy annie: A homely proponent of high falootin capitalism uber alles who lived off her husband's income as an engineer and had some of the funniest, most violent sexual fantasies of any cow you'd never want to throw a rock at. The writing is terrible, more repetitive than a ****ty house music bassline, and unfortunately all her anti-government sentiment (and juvenile phrasing) is making her crappy books a hit among illiterate tea baggers because the few of them that can read (IE: the CPAC groups that start the local chapters) have been bringing her books back into popularity. Atlas Shrugged is literally the only book I've ever read where I seriously skipped over like 50 pages of one of the main character's diatribes. Usually she was only a hit with college kids who didn't know anything yet, but now she's becoming a hit with fat white adults who don't know anything yet.

So yeah........tea bagger skin flick.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
There's two main problems with Ayn Rand:

1) The teabaggers don't realize that her only experience that she was writing from was the collectivisation of the USSR in the early 1920s. It would be like someone writing about capitalism who's SOLE EXPERIENCE was the robber-barons of the early 1900s. Or writing about government regulation and only having seen the '02-10 destruction that occurred from non-regulation of banks/investment firms.

2) Her writing is just really, really, really bad.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have to recommend "The Fountainhead". It represents an artistic ideal which I still admire.

"Atlas Shrugged" was so long winded, I am tempted to read it to argue about its points, but I don't got that kind of time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Are you serious?

Oh god she's awful. You ever meet a fairly well spoken 20 year old who's come to a realization in their own life and then does nothing but profess it in your face over and over and over again, no matter what the situation? Like born agains. Like baptists. All the while all you can think is how much they have left to learn?

That's randy annie: A homely proponent of high falootin capitalism uber alles who lived off her husband's income as an engineer and had some of the funniest, most violent sexual fantasies of any cow you'd never want to throw a rock at. The writing is terrible, more repetitive than a ****ty house music bassline, and unfortunately all her anti-government sentiment (and juvenile phrasing) is making her crappy books a hit among illiterate tea baggers because the few of them that can read (IE: the CPAC groups that start the local chapters) have been bringing her books back into popularity. Atlas Shrugged is literally the only book I've ever read where I seriously skipped over like 50 pages of one of the main character's diatribes. Usually she was only a hit with college kids who didn't know anything yet, but now she's becoming a hit with fat white adults who don't know anything yet.
This is the most succinct synopsis of her life and work ever. Bravo sir!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

What I like is the line, "All I am interested in making money"

If you look through the history of American capitalism, there were the robber barons, who had slave labor in work camps while they fiddled away to modern day thieves who steal our futures while receiving a government loan.

Business is important but the government is the only way to regulate it.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
You just know that when the Joker needs to snap one off quick in the shower, he closes his eyes and pretends that he's Dagny getting rape...I mean romanced by Hank.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
had some of the funniest, most violent sexual fantasies of any cow you'd never want to throw a rock at.
Speechless.

Made my Sunday even more than my 50-mile road loop in 60 degree weather under perfectly blue skies.