Quantcast

Yet another way to waste a lot of time...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't remember what level 9 was. Screenshot?

I hit level 38 or 39 in between doing actual work today, left the flash game pulled up on my desktop at work - anyone know if it saves your level status to a permanent cookie so I can close it without having to start over?

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I don't remember what level 9 was. Screenshot?

I hit level 38 or 39 in between doing actual work today, left the flash game pulled up on my desktop at work - anyone know if it saves your level status to a permanent cookie so I can close it without having to start over?
yes45

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm stuck on 13- the one with the big blue field that you can't go through.

Squeaver

Monkey
Mar 1, 2006
Sanford, NC
Here is the screenshot for level nine. I've got nothing.

Oh, and for whoever asked if the game saves your level, yes, mine did on this computer, you just click on levels at the beginning and it should have a list of the levels and the last one you played should be highlighted.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Put the yellow portal immediately to the right of that tower, on the floor. Jump through it. As you fall through the blue portal, shoot another blue portal directly underneath you so you fall from the blue portal, into a blue portal. That will shoot you out of the yellow one very quickly, high enough to get over.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Was that cake level for real? It looks like something that will smash you into the ceiling.

I'm on 33 right now. Left it on at work last night. Nice to know it saves levels. 32 kicked my ass.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Put the yellow portal immediately to the right of that tower, on the floor. Jump through it. As you fall through the blue portal, shoot another blue portal directly underneath you so you fall from the blue portal, into a blue portal. That will shoot you out of the yellow one very quickly, high enough to get over.
I shot the yellow portal on the floor just in front of where he is standing, so when you jump into it, you carry sideways speed out of the blue, land in it again, and rocket out of the blue to the top of the tower.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, that's one of the things I liked about the game - several ways to handle each level.

One of the levels, I think the designers screwed up. It was somewhat near the end, and while I think they designed it so that you'd have to go through this maze of rooms to get a block out, you could actually do it with two shots and not get near any of the machine gun robots.

edit: Level 38

Lots of fun, though, I may actually go seek out the Half-life engine version.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Yeah, that's one of the things I liked about the game - several ways to handle each level.

One of the levels, I think the designers screwed up. It was somewhat near the end, and while I think they designed it so that you'd have to go through this maze of rooms to get a block out, you could actually do it with two shots and not get near any of the machine gun robots.

edit: Level 38

Lots of fun, though, I may actually go seek out the Half-life engine version.
I found that too and was happy to not go through all those rooms.

Ate the cake. Good stuff.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Alright, I'm officially stuck on 22. The one with the energy balls going up and down, you have to somehow get it sideways over to it's "receptacle", but it pops before it gets there.

Help?

*edit* on second though. It's friday. I'm going home to drink beer and pretend I wasn't just posting on the internet for gaming tips.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
For serious? Just put a portal by the camera dealy, one on the floor and wait. Gets there in plenty of time for me...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Any tips for 35? That's the one where you need to press the 5 buttons in order to get the energy ball accross.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Any tips for 35?
Yeah... patience.

I just took 3 quick screen shots of the order in which I solved it before.

Portal up top and to the right. Wait for a fresh ball to be released, open the first one, go through the portal, open the second one.

Jump over the divider, open the third, shoot a portal to go back to the upper left and open the fourth.

Shoot a portal all the way across and jump down and use your original yellow one to get up there... or create a new one, if you have time.