Quantcast

Yeti 4X fully bike

metaltwitch

Chimp
Nov 9, 2008
Hello,
If someone has a yeti 4X bike at home, LONG version( 08,09 model )... i would like to know the distance of actual top tube (not horizontal!! ) and distance of downtube. On yeti site there is no info about those two lenghts.
Thanks a lot.

cheers

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I measured 21in top tube from middle of seatpost to middle of headset and 25in for the down tube, same places of measurement.
That is with the tape right along side the tubes.
Mine is a 09 long version.

metaltwitch

Chimp
Nov 9, 2008
I measured 21in top tube from middle of seatpost to middle of headset and 25in for the down tube, same places of measurement.
That is with the tape right along side the tubes.
Mine is a 09 long version.
you measured downtube from the midle of crank to midle of headset, right ? excatly 25in ?
25in is kinda short i think for Long version... what do you think about riding it ?

thanks

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
you measured downtube from the midle of crank to midle of headset, right ? excatly 25in ?
25in is kinda short i think for Long version... what do you think about riding it ?

thanks
It is exactly 25.5".
For the downtube I measured from the middle of the bottom bracket to the middle of the headtube. The tape measure was laying on the tube right down the middle.
I am 5'9" and it rides very nicely. I like small bikes to begin with but this one didn't make me feel compact at all. For a long it does seem kind of short in the numbers but it feels like a long.
I am a big fan of this frame for dual slalom. I havn't DJ'ed it yet but I assume that it would also feel great in the air.
I run a rp23 in the rear and a pike u-turn down to 95mm.

Last edited:

metaltwitch

Chimp
Nov 9, 2008
Ok, thanks...just one more thing, you say you run RS 95mm forks, what is the wheelbase with that fork ?

thanks again