OSC RE: DISMISSAL
03/15/2006 - 8:30 AM DEPT. S5

JUDGE: FRANK GAFKOWSKI PRESIDING
CLERK: ROSEMARY RAMIREZ
REPORTER: KATHY SELLERS
COURT ATTENDANT ROBERT J ACUNA
-
APPEARANCES:
ATTORNEY DEBORAH DORNY PRESENT FOR DEFENDANTS-TEAM BIG BEAR MOUNTAIN/USA CYCLING, INC.
ATTORNEY REID L DWORKIN PRESENT FOR DEFENDANT-SNOW SUMMIT INC/SNOW SUMMIT SKI CORP..
-
PROCEEDINGS:
PURSUANT TO PEREMPTORY WRIT OF MANDATE ISSUED BY THE DISTRICT COURT OF APPEALS ON 02/27/06, THE
ORDERS OF 07/13/05 DENYING THE MOTIONS FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT BY DEFENDANTS ARE HEREBY
VACATED. SAID MOTIONS FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT ARE GRANTED AND JUDGMENTS FOR DEFENDANTS, SNOW
SUMMIT, INC,DBA BEAR MOUNTAIN RESORTS AND SUMMIT SKI CORPORATION, USA CYCLING, INC. AND TEAM BIG
BEAR MOUNTAIN BIKE, INC. IS ORDERED ENTERED. JUDGMENTS ARE SIGNED BY THE COURT ON THIS DATE.
SUMMARY JUDGMENT ENTERED.
JUDGMENT FOR DEFENDANT TEAM BIG BEAR MOUNTAIN BIKES, INC., TEAM BIG BEAR MOUNTAIN BIKES, INC., USA CYCLING, INC.,, USA CYCLING INC.,, BIG BEAR RESORTS, INC.,, SNOW SUMMIT INC,, SNOW SUMMIT SKI CORPORATION,, BIG BEAR MOUNTAIN RESORTS
AND AGAINST BRIAN SPILLANE

STAGE AT DISPOSITION: SUMMARY JUDGMENT
COURT NOW RULES -- STAT CASE FOR 2C REPORT. CASE DISPOSITIONED ON 03/15/06.
CASE DISPOSITIONED BY JUDGMENT
ACTION - COMPLETE
=== MINUTE ORDER END ===

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Maybe I will have to put the 2.7's beach/sand tires back on.
SS did/does kinda suck...but what fun it was. Hope they bring it back!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I haven't actually seen anything "official," yet. In addition, I didn't see anywhere to purchase a summer pass. I won't believe it until I see an official communication from Snow Summit...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i would bet that they remain closed. from their perspective they already lost money by paying for the legal fees to fight this case, and reopening would just expose them to more liability.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Toshi said:
i would bet that they remain closed. from their perspective they already lost money by paying for the legal fees to fight this case, and reopening would just expose them to more liability.
or help them recover those costs buy selling lift tickets to riders instead of only non-riders.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
One more thing.... Where did this "press release" come from? Can we get some sources for this, please?

While I really hope SS does open again, I am not holding my breath.

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
I doubt it....but it would be great to have a place nearby that I could ride my DH bike without having to push it back up! I got my full on DH rig the last year that BB was open. I got to ride there three times before it closed for the (last) season. My father-in-law has a house up there and I was planning on riding often, but we all know what happened! Now I have to go to Northstar a couple of times a summer instead.

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
So many cases exist where resorts are found not liable. This suit was a looooong shot that cost So. Cal. downhillers their only DH mountain.

I hope the plaintiff and his attorney feel good about themselves.

Take responsibility for yourself or stay home and watch t.v.