Quantcast

You prolly don't care but.... (pics)

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
I DID NOT bike today, cause Swell here in California was WAY UP! Here's some samples.....I surfed 2 hours this morning, and 2 this afternoon....It's not me in the pictures

Another picture perfect day today....mid 70's :love:

What's you other hobbies bedies biking :confused:

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Aha, I woke up for a little dawn patrol before school this morning (in Newport) and ended up surfing until about 4th period. Probably close to 7' and ever so hollow. The water is getting colder :( Not quite as good as yesterday shape-wise but I'll take what I can get

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
amateur said:
Aha, I woke up for a little dawn patrol before school this morning (in Newport) and ended up surfing until about 4th period. Probably close to 7' and ever so hollow. The water is getting colder :( Not quite as good as yesterday shape-wise but I'll take what I can get
Fellow surfer, excellent! I'm hoping for a good winter with the mild El Nino' and all.......Time to bring out the pin tail! :blah:

I did not take the pictures.

Big Mike! Do it.....It's a BIG rush...Imagine snowboarding, but the mountain tries to chase you down and kill you :love:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
WOW, awesome pics. I live far from the ocean so I surf the white stuff instead of the blue stuff, but Ive always wanted to try surfing.

hobbies besides mtn biking

Snowboarding- resort and backcounty
building things
driving things, some that I have built
rock and roll stardom

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
bhspec03 said:
startin snowboarding here this year. i tried surfing but it jus wasnt my thing. ne thing to do w/ water i suck at

Psssst... Hate to tell you but ...um... snow is made of ...um...uh...water. Good luck with that snowboarding thing. ;)

Mike

Pedalist

Monkey
Sep 20, 2003
Clayton, NC
You lucky bastard here on the east coast we had a few good months during storm season but for the most part if you don't have a long board or a fun board yuo are ****ed. Awesome pics!!!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
SoCalsurfer said:
It's a BIG rush...Imagine snowboarding, but the mountain tries to chase you down and kill you :love:
My wife is dying to learn how to surf, but she hated snowboarding b/c she couldn't get the hang of it. Being born and raised in Miami probably didn't help with the whole snow and mountain thing.

Is surfing easier or harder to pick up?

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
Slugman said:
Is surfing easier or harder to pick up?
Surfing is BY FAR, the hardest sport I've ever tried.....I'ce surfed for about 9 years, and I would consider myself an intermediate......Snowboarding, you go a couple of trips down the slope and you basically got the hang of it...Not to take ANYTHING away from Terje Haakonsen osv.... But you know what I mean.

The learning curve for surfing is VEEEEEERY slow :(

And to add: It helps if you can stay calm under pressure..>Nothing like getting stuck in the impact zone on a Double overhead day, and a 10-13 wave set......The Hellacious thrashing you get when you are in the rinse cycle is UN beleivable. You have to experience it, to realize just how powerful the ocean is.

splat

Nam I am
SoCalsurfer said:
.The Hellacious thrashing you get when you are in the rinse cycle is UN beleivable. You have to experience it, to realize just how powerful the ocean is.

I found that out the hard way the one time I tried it. I never relized what it was really like to have your body thrown around like a rag doll , till one of those waves dropped on me. Something you never forget. I still do want to try it again! :)

awesome Pics !! If those are not you , did you take them ?