Quantcast

Your favorite part of Dh

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
Like:
-when your local course, the one you and your friends build, is considered one of the best in the country.

-when after an important race the producer, who previously told you and the crew to build something spectacular in a certain spot, says something like "my bad... -when i said spectacular, i didn't really mean THAT spectacular"

-the feeling of progressing and slowly becoming a better rider

-having an awesome weekend thanks to biking

Dislike:
-Racing instead of being having fun with my friends while doing an infinite amount of runs.

-being "on the air" and knowing that as soon as you land, it will hurt

HATE:
-when you sell your bike, don't ride dh in 10 months, and gain about 35lbs

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
doing train runs while practising for the race with ur team mates;
the tunnel vision;
shuttles;
clean pinned runs.

dislike:

the waiting

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Best - Gnarly Rock sections, overcoming my fears about doing sth crazy, being the fastest ;)
Worst - Injuries, Trails that are only turns and the DH name is just becuase someone planned a race there while is really a light FR track when a dh bike is a real pain in the ass, being the slowest ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My favorite part is the clothes.

The new fashion standards get higher and better every year and I look forward to looking my absolute best in 08.

Thanks to more videos, online blogs and the existence of a dedicated gravity riding magazine, I know months in advance just how good I'm going to look.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
My favorite part of racing is seeing my friends and practice. The part I like best about riding is finding cool trails that flow and have a mix of terrain....a killer run puts a big smile on my face

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
My favorite part is the clothes.

The new fashion standards get higher and better every year and I look forward to looking my absolute best in 08.

Thanks to more videos, online blogs and the existence of a dedicated gravity riding magazine, I know months in advance just how good I'm going to look.
LMAO!
Theres truth t that, I like to know how Im going to look while Im crashing. :D

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
My favorite part of racing is seeing my friends and practice. The part I like best about riding is finding cool trails that flow and have a mix of terrain....a killer run puts a big smile on my face
True, a lot of riding is really a way to connect with your friends (and to pin it with them!)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
what i like about dh? dh it self and everything associated with it, going fast, finding weaknesses, working at them. racing, pushing your self. meeting awesome friends. adrenaline rush, being in the zone. going out riding to get away from it all, leaving your worries behind, just you and you bike, and what ever you want to do. feeling that you have accomplished something. going on road trips, racing at new tracks different riders. everything.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Matching
Not wearing pads
growing my hair REALLY long
Talking about how fast my bike looks
Collecting sponsors on sponsorhouse

Dislikes:
People who are actually fast

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Dirt with no poop in it.
Pooping in the woods (where no one will ride over it, I am SOOOO considerate.)
Riding my bicycle really fast through bumps n jumps.
Riding my bicycle really slow through bumps n jumps.
Riding my bicycle.
Eating delicious food afterwards and gassing my co-pilot.

jell-oe

Chimp
Jun 1, 2005
sunapee, NH
Best:
Going fast in hard sections
Having the spectators cheer really loud if you really are going fast through a hard section
Hanging with pals
Worst:
Falling
Really stupid falls
And expensive parts breaking

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I love that feeling you get when you stay off the brakes and flow through something faster than you've ever done before, so effortlessly... makes you feel like a champion even if you're a total punter. I also love that feeling when the bike is just ragged as hell and for some reason it doesn't worry me, like you just KNOW it'll be ok... so it is.

To many positive things to designate only one. Riding in general is just a wicked good time, travelling is a ton of fun, meeting lots of cool people is pretty sweet, racing, jumping, drifting, even skidding is a blast.

The only real negative for me is medical bills, but that's my own fault.

...something like this is what almost paralyzed me back in June...

Cooked it too hot into a downhill right-hander dropping off a big rock, and upon landing I forgot about this flat rock that stuck up staight out of the ground like a half-buried dinner plate. Managed to brake a bit but my front wheel hit it and I went OTB front-flipping into a tree. Thank God for my Dainese.

Not a good time... my doctors agree.

:hmm:

My favorite part is just flat out pinning it on the straightaways and railing (or if I'm lucky) drifting a corner. Jumps are super fun too, but for me - there is a limit to the gnar factor.
How is your back btw?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i was looking through some old photos, and this one brought back a good memory.

crossing the finish line and knowing that you left everything and a little more on the trail.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
-The atmosphere at any riding event/occasion/ride session - ESP. Races.
-Giving back to the riding community and actually recieving thanks
-Making fun of someone's head angle cause u know they'll think about it during a race run.
Dislikes:
um maybe my lack of commitment earlier on now that I have seen progression - not like i've been riding hella long tho, so really nothing. :thumb:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
honestly i like fast jumps, and fast parts. i dont really like monster gross rock gardens. what i really dont like is the attitude of the bigger people that are on the east coast.... the bichin between diablo and platty and stuff like that... im selling/trading my dh bike for a moto bike. still going to ride xc.