Quantcast

Your favorite really obscure metal band.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
You can never have enough metal threads. And there are some bands that aren't the best, but good and rare. lets here some pics.

Here are two of mine:

Athiest, Unquestionable Presence.
I've bought the only two copies I've ever seen. Unreal talent speed and accuracy and straight up odd songs. The singer had his nuts in a vice, but otherwise good band.

Exhordor, Slaughter in the Vatican.
A gnarly band from New Orleans that hates organized religion as much as I do. The song Desecrator is good for insulting any Christian within earshot. Angry band with attitude

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Factory 81, Mankind
It's Nu-metal, but they're from Detroit and it's really good. Download the Nanu MP3 if you can find it. Also, 3am Love Song, maybe Peace Officer, the whole album is good, really.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Zark said:
Exhordor, Slaughter in the Vatican.
A gnarly band from New Orleans that hates organized religion as much as I do. The song Desecrator is good for insulting any Christian within earshot. Angry band with attitude

ha! they opened for Entombed and Deicide in the early 90's i guess Brutal Truth they would be my "obscure" band to list

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
oh man, i saw brutal truth back in the early 90s. they opened for the Pain Teens (there's a TX name you should recognize) and the Boredoms. the vocals on that guy were HILARIOUS!!! uhgug ughugh u ghuguhu guhgh. it was very cartoonish, and not in a good way.

the boredoms, on the other hand, were skull-splittingly spectacular. i really want to see them in their current guise of worshipping at the krautrock motorik groove altar, but they haven't been around.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Assuck. They were from Florida. Brutal as hell. I've got the Missery Index cd kicking around here somewhere. Good for scaring people away.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
The funniest obscure metal album I have is by the band Coven.

It's soo cheezy. I got it as a gift from gf one christmas. She went looking for a Cave In album and ended up with this.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Hello Kitty said:
Dude, I was gonna say Kreator but I figured a bunch of Germans would hop on the board saying they aren't obscure at all :p

The song Betrayer was SO bad ass!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Hello Kitty said:
Voivod

i made this metal mistake :(
You've got to be kidding me!

Killing Technology, Dimension Hatross and Nothingface are great.

Angel Rat sucked and I stopped listening to them after that, but the first few albums are awesome .

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
GINO
that's the metal band that played at Billy Madison's birthday party in the movie Billy Madison. They rock.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
DNA said:
You've got to be kidding me!

Killing Technology, Dimension Hatross and Nothingface are great.

Angel Rat sucked and I stopped listening to them after that, but the first few albums are awesome .
nope they totally sucked in my opinion but not quite as bad as king diamond i grew up on british metal and classic speed metal bands Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Slayer, Anthrax and Prong.

you gotta remember for every one kick ass metal band their are 50 sh*tty ones for some reason voivod seem to rub me the wrong way but hey i never liked celtic frost either

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Guntruck said:
Annihilator or Death.
Annihilator, OMG Canada's answer to the metal question no one asked! :p

I saw them with Testament at my very first metal show. Annihilator sucked so bad, my ears were crying!

Death, however, was very good. Solid riffs.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Blind Guardian.

Iced Earth.

The Beryllium Pigs...

ok the last one was fake, but it IS an obscure metal.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
clancy98 said:
Blind Guardian.

Iced Earth.

The Beryllium Pigs...

ok the last one was fake, but it IS an obscure metal.

I wouldn't say that Blind Guardian and Iced Earth are obscure, they're not as well known but atleast where I am they have a decent popularity among some crowds lol, I personally love Iced Earth, they kick ass.

Oh yea,

Kreator
Rhapsody
Jetsam/Flotsam

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
zod said:
GG Allen and the Holymen :thumb:
GG Allen once did a record and the cover was an out line of his dong. he had his girlfriend help him out with it. he is by far the archetype of all that is wrong, and done with such sincerity. as terrible as it was... that man could put on a show like no one else, like rolling around naked in broken glass for an entire set!

oh and for those who may not know, the guitar player for pantera was shot. then the murderer was later shot by a police officer.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
narlus said:
oh man, i saw brutal truth back in the early 90s. they opened for the Pain Teens (there's a TX name you should recognize) and the Boredoms. the vocals on that guy were HILARIOUS!!! uhgug ughugh u ghuguhu guhgh. it was very cartoonish, and not in a good way.
I have the brutal truth box set that has 5 records in it.... Each recors is samller than the last one. 9,8,7,6,5 " Its odd. Also have some purple vynil of another of their records.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
narlus said:
no extreme noise terror fans, or any followers of the Earache label?
Ill raise my hand to this one.

ENT ruled! And earache was a good label for a while. Im not sure what there up to these days.

Some of the ones i remember:
Sleep
Godflesh
Boltthrower
Brutal Truth
Fudge Tunnel