Quantcast

Your Fetish ?!

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
ok just curious which is your fetish on DH bike or any other bike,

i mean what do you love most on bike (like rotors, bar caps, valve cap etc.) what do you look first when you see other dh bike ?"
First thing only !

and another thing what you need to change on your bike soon or soon as possible on your bike like fork when new model comes out or new brakes...

:happydance: i am bored so if this is stupid i will delete it

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
I don't know if it's a fetish, but I love it when things match up in color. End caps, seat collar, pedals, etc.
I think it looks sharp.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Don't know why...but that's usually what I look at first...I guess cause that'll almost always tell me what kind of bike I'm getting ready to mentally scrutinize...and prolly drool over. Except for the V10 I saw with a 6" single crown on it...that was kinda whack.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Gotta have a nice looking seat, usually minimal (roadie) and at the right angle and placement on the rails. I am so picky about seats.

Such as:

mike425

Monkey
Apr 16, 2004
gota agree with rockymt21. A nice roadie seat on a dh bike slightly tilted up looks the nuts. Im a seat whore, just got a ltd edition selle italia union jack seat for my bike

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
I don't know if it's a fetish, but I love it when things match up in color. End caps, seat collar, pedals, etc.
I think it looks sharp.
I agree. That just drives me nuts when things aren't looking right.
Maybe it comes from my BMX days, but I would never own a bike that wasn't matching this and that from front to back along with all of my Gear. Just looks PRO to me when it is all in check. You might call it OCD. :biggrin:

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
I don't give a damn about rims on cars but I do love some nice rims on a bike.

I like my Double Tracks and I love the way the new Transition rims look.

Also I like the look of sparse, thick spokes.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I look at the position of the controls on someones handlepars. Nothing tells me more about someones riding style and ability level than how they have their bars tilted, lever position and angle, bar height and width and shifter placement.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Overall aesthetic is pretty important but not more than function. I'm a gear snob. I love it all, but Pedals, Bars and Tires I am particular about because of performance. One single aesthetic thing I really pick up on is style. Yeah, I have a style fetish.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i really dig the way a full DH race bike looks with a road cassette & dura-ace or ultegra derailleur. nice tight drivetrain.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Overall look. IE built light, heavy, ugly, stupid, etc. I like the look of a well-though-out (both in terms of parts and looks) race bike. I like the race-only look with a road drivetrain and stupid light parts.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I'd have to say a nicely set-up chainguide (e13!). I can't stand a bike with the guide pulley rotated down in the 6 o'clock position...it's gotta be nice and tucked up against the chainstay.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I look at the position of the controls on someones handlepars. Nothing tells me more about someones riding style and ability level than how they have their bars tilted, lever position and angle, bar height and width and shifter placement.
Ditto. Nicely put.

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
I know what some of those correlate to, but what do bar tilt, lever angle and shifter placement indicate?