Quantcast

Your Fetish ?!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
wheels... specifically the hubs.

I love it when people go all out on their hubs and wheels. I'd probably cum in my pants if I saw some Phil Wood's laced up on a DH bike.

Secondary is a rare frame. Like lovebunny, seeing something rare just makes me drool.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
i just love inverted forks, i think i never change to "normal" forks so upside down forks are my biggest thing which i must have..

another is good brakes really good powerfull brakes and nice fancy wave rotors....

and last thing if i can like lovebunny i will try to get something rare but if dont make that happened i will be happy with other stuff..

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
I don't know if it's a fetish, but I love it when things match up in color. End caps, seat collar, pedals, etc.
I think it looks sharp.
hm, and then if those parts can stay on your bike while riding. it is also cool
:biggrin:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I like a bike with a build kit that makes sense.
I guess it's not really a "fetish" but I cannot stand a bike with a non-sensical setup.

For example: I saw a guy who put a longer rear shock on his dh bike to give it more travel and raise the bb. He had a super monster, steel cranks, etc.
Clipless shoes (hematomas) with flat pedals.

I made a comment and he started telling me all about how he could pedal through all the rock gardens and could feel the suspension working.
I was just biting my tounge at the most rediculously high, awkward bike I had ever seen.

Or something like a V10 with a 6" fork that doesn't make sense.

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
Brake setup (unless you have the hands of a 5 year old child, the brake lever was NOT designed to be butted up against the grip). It kills me when I see 5,000 dollar dh bikes set up like this.

I also do not like modulation in my brake. Anyone who demads less performance (ie: power) from their brake because they are unable to use them correctly is an idiot. Modulation is up to your finger...if you dont want them to lock up...dont squeeze as hard. Its simple really.

seats, agreeing with dan. The wrong seat will ruin the whole look of the bike. I like road saddles like a selle italia slr, ifly c, tioga mc lite, etc. I like smaller slim style seats on nearly everything. Seat angle and rail position is also kind of important.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i love to see a nice pair of hope brakes
and i love seeing bikes that backpedal for some time wiht just pushing them ahh so nice hahah im getting kinda hot hahha

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Gotta have a nice looking seat, usually minimal (roadie) and at the right angle and placement on the rails. I am so picky about seats.

Such as:

I'm the same way about seats! I like to run road seats, and as soon as my seat gets a tear or looks old--I get a new one.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
seats, agreeing with dan. The wrong seat will ruin the whole look of the bike. I like road saddles like a selle italia slr, ifly c, tioga mc lite, etc. I like smaller slim style seats on nearly everything. Seat angle and rail position is also kind of important.
i concur. my personal favorites are the i fly by sdg or selle italia slr.

i like racy bikes. make it look fast and im down.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
so allmost everyone love slim seats, why is that ?! i have one before i and they are so uncomfortable , i know when you ride you dont sit and ride dh but in free time and stuff like that

you like stuff like this or even thiner ?

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I think it's primarily a saddle with sexy lines. Like the Sella Italia SLR.

The comfort isn't really an issue since I don't sit on it. I need a narrow seat that allows me to move around, a "DH" seat won't do that.

I don't run the SLR on my dh bike mostly because of cost and durability. I run an I-Beam I-fly (the non-non-padded version with full kevlar cover). It's basically a piece of plastic and often bruises my thighs.

I do run an SLR on my road bike and find it surprisingly comfy.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Seats, especially angle--nothing throws the look of a bike off more than when you they have super nice bke, and a level seat.

i like to keep it parallel with the top tube

also, color combos, just low key matching-not over the top.

oh yeah--long stems, i hate em.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
so allmost everyone love slim seats, why is that ?! i have one before i and they are so uncomfortable , i know when you ride you dont sit and ride dh but in free time and stuff like that

you like stuff like this or even thiner ?

that saddle is awesome---if it wasnt $130.

Garrett 0 P

Monkey
Sep 10, 2006
sammamish
im all for low profile bikes with matching colors, my favorate looking bike is probly the iornhorse sunday. exept it needs a better paint job then it should look pretty bitchin

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Another sucker for stems here.

And skin. Intact. Particularly my own. I kinda like that.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
.....buttery smooth shifting....brand new cable and housing all oiled up does it for me...after that new tires.....

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
new thing i look on bikes is grips , if grips are ok (lock on only) than bike will be just fine

some of my friends have good dh bikes but grips are sooooo slick and they dont mind but when i ride its so hard you must squeeze handle bar and grips because hands will just slip on hard area or jump..

Bernard

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
The Netherlands
the height of bar-stem-fork combo (how lower the combo the better, and slack is good) and we're the seat is located.

Most of the times it tells a lot of who's riding the bike and what kind of riding he's involved.

second thought is, wat i would adjust to make it more racy!