Quantcast

Your First Proper Mountain Bike, What Was It?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Loooong before arrow existed. I think the bikes were made in ’88. unfortunately, almost all of those forks broke. I sold mine for basically parts in ‘95 or so. I bought mine after being blown away at the ‘91 Norma trials championship in Mount Snow, VT. That was also my first sport MTB race as well, I actually finished.
At one point I had a very, very early trials frame that was made in the ‘70’s, I wish I knew the details. But I moved a lot, and had to get rid of a bunch of stuff.

Wow,that fork looks heavy and steel no? Where did they break? I would have never thought that fork was weak?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
eat a candle

there will be no doubt in your mind
No,it melts,but it does taste like wax indeed. I think it is the same as what Dairy Queen put’s on there: 5050 mix,or Vanila,Chocolate Soft IceCream cone.

Would you like me to Dip the Cone of Soft IceCream in Chocolate? Yes Please I say. Then they do it. They walk over to that Vat and lift the lid,then Dunking your beloved IceCream Cone Upside Down into the Hate of Chocolate but for only seconds! Turn it over and hand to you.

Avy

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Jeebus!

Eric’s post made me do the math…35 years ago I switched from a brakeless bmx bike with skyway toughwheel IIs to a Ross mtn bike with 15 speeds. It seemed like frames, forks, handlebars and rims were more or less disposable -perhaps even “wear items” back in the day.

I still have my first “nice” frame and fork hanging in the shop -a 1992 Paramount Series 90. Raced that frame on 3 continents over 2 decades!