Quantcast

Your kids and Santa

Chimp
Mar 22, 2011
I'm sure some of you have faced this situation. The time has come for my son's realization about Santa. While it's not the end of the world for my wife & I, it is indeed a sad moment for all involved. He's ridden it out for awhile considering his age, but he's been full of tears since last night. The goal now is to wish for a happy Christmas day for him...

Otherwise, the snow keeps falling and it may be a wonderful weekend for some snow riding!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Take him to a local Veteran's Home or retirement home. Volunteer at least once this season helping others. Show him what the season is really all about.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Christmas isn't about Santa, it's about the "spirit" of the Christmas season. Santa still exists to me, I'm in my 30's. But I don't believe that some dude in a red suit is coming down my chimney.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'll be dressed as Santa for the pub crawl on Saturday. Wait until about 10, though. Check in is at 4, I should be well hammered by 10.

My daughter knew of the story of Santa, but I never lied to her about him bringing crap because we had no fireplace to begin with. She was adorable and wouldn't spoil it for the other kids who believed. :rofl:

Chimp
Mar 22, 2011
I had faith that a few empathetic respondents would chime in. I may just show my boy the Cheech & Chong video and call it a day.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Girth has nothing to do with it pal. It's how receptive you are to my entry....:rofl:
Bring Waterdogs and his wife and I'll make sure there are warm christmas spirits waiting.

292.89 - I was serious in my response. To me the holidays are about the spririt of santa and all that jazz.

That's how my parents explained it to me when i realized the big fella wasn't real. That's how I intend on explaining it to my kids when the day comes (they're 8, not sure how much longer I have? years, months?)

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Santa Clause is real well InSANTATY clauses might have been what the author of silent night thought of.

build a snow ramp -- sleighs fly --- creative people do this happens and have built ramps all along the world because it's a circle things always fall and that keeps the man flying

look out for deer bucks over the fence yeah it flew -- book a trip to the national geographic magazine photographers place that had pictures of reindeer --- if you can't afford that you couldn't afford cocaine in college

presents are made in elfs the font is askew and the italics appear that things got made in china / usa I don't know if you can view those lights

yes the man known as the santa clause wears a suit and people like that when its worn

santa's sleigh is inflatable if you share those national geographic images of the north pole in July they'll understand why their tubes take off easier then the steel railed flyers

Explain that people go shopping because the companies can make their money before the tax year ends. Those sales effectively gross higher profits and something I don't know much about ask an accountant. People who don't wear $1,000 every day in different outfits have not completely gone from the ridge. Stores make color cues for those who support the idea of spending money before they remember how the next 4 months they work for nothing.

it's possible doing everything in one night because there is only one night and one day that means if dark can do it all in the dark in one night then you understand. The spirit of Santa lasts a lifetime until I'm dead.

Last edited:

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
it's possible doing everything in one night because there is only one night and one day that means if dark can do it all in the dark in one night then you understand. The spirit of Santa lasts a lifetime until I'm dead.
pretty much nail on the head right there......man that post made my morning :D

my girl's just kinda stopped talking Santa in the build up to Christmas a few years ago. They're 13 and 11, and I'm guessing the younger one broke it to the older a few years back.

Chimp
Mar 22, 2011
That clears things right up, was a little hard to understand before.
I thought Pinkshirtphotos was a spambot but then I see the post count.

There was a fellow on F88me years ago who used a similar hatcheted English vernacular but the name escapes me. He often touted his fotografie business and was needled relentlessly for his broken-thoughts use of written language.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
"Its floors are covered in stuff put there when it was. Before dinosaurs lived behind which is why you didn't go there. I grew up found barn on my yard imploded. On boarded walls cabinets of memories hooks windows and tire stacks lay geometrically sequenced replacing everything inside with gravitational pull."

Like Beaudelaire with twice the dosage but half the sense.