Quantcast

Your right on the bullit! right at 8"

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I cycled it with no spring and let the air out of the shock. Squared from the ground 90 degrees up. Posted a mark at full compression and then at full droop. Almost dead nuts 8".
I know that a shocks overall i2i isn't the amount of travel, It's based on stroke and pivot geometry.
I didn't have to drill out the rear triangle hole, just went with a f-911 bolt for strength. Thats grade 11, available at bolts 4 u in Vista california.
My bad. Appologies for the misinformation.
I'm still going to lie to my wife about it being 12" though. :)

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
i have absolutly no idea what you are talking about? was htere some sort of sex joke tied in there at the end?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
you are right, It does seem to be alot of posts.
The reason I posted this answer as new was more of a public appology for those that I led astray on my measurements on the cycling of the suspension. I was wrong and they were right. Just incase they didn't go back and check up on that thread to see new posts, I wanted them to be aware that I was wrong instead of them thinking ill thoughts.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
bullcrew said:
you are right, It does seem to be alot of posts.
The reason I posted this answer as new was more of a public appology for those that I led astray on my measurements on the cycling of the suspension. I was wrong and they were right. Just incase they didn't go back and check up on that thread to see new posts, I wanted them to be aware that I was wrong instead of them thinking ill thoughts.
When you reply to the thread, it will be bumped to the top of the forum, and anyone with a subscription to the thread will be notified on their user CP and/or by email, so no worries...just reply to the relevant thread instead of starting a new one, or at least leave a preface so people understand what you're talking about...

MD