Quantcast

Zero Bikes? NZO?

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Anyone know anything about the kiwi bikes?
I think they are the same company.
Zero Bikes and NZO?
Pics/info?

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Zero bikes is a new kiwi start up based out of Rotorua. The brains behind it are James Dodds and Rob Metz, two well known local riders and builders.

They have developed a DH bike with a high single pivot and gear box. I've seen the first proto and what I believe is an early production bike. The proto had a twin spar top tube and the bike will use a Shimano geared hub.

I understand they are also looking at a 6inch bike.

I think production of the DH bike has a green light.

Here is a link to NZ bike site vorb and a forum post on the development.

http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopicp-1932529.html#1932529

There are a lot of photos on here of not the bike is question but they give you an idea of the concepts and previous bikes these guys have built.

This is similar to the Lahar concept but not in carbon and not with a fruit loop in charge.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
some really neat stuff has come from the minds of metz & dodds. can't wait to see what the production bike looks like. gearbox development (actually the whole industry for that matter) seems to have stagnated recently; looking forward to some fresh ideas.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Rob has certainly got a brain in him.

After he stayed here, there were bits of paper looking like Da Vinci's scrapbooks. He's always got these ideas in his head.

And Doddsy, well Doddsy is Doddsy. Some good times with that lad.

Say hi to them for me if you see them.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Good to see a great idea still alive.
Where will these frames be made?
Will they be narrower than that proto between the knees?
Can't wait to see the production one. Please post up links as soon as there are any.

Last edited:

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Think... um... yeah - Balfa with a gearbox. The proto is all struts and spindly (steel is real), but the production one is sex. Pure and simple - SEX.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have some spy shots, but I won't post them up.

What I will say is that they look incredible and hopefully I may be riding one next season.

This looks to be a bike to get excited about.

Last edited: