Quantcast

Zokes 888 Ride Height

MorewoodKid

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
In the woods...
Hey guys, was hoping someone could help me out with the minimum/ lowest possible ride height of the 888?
I have the tech drawings, and a figure is mentioned, but I'm looking for the lowest you can run these puppies...

Thanks

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
I thought I saw a thread on here at one time wiht all the ride heights, but I can't seem to find it. I've got the same question 888 vs Boxxer vs fox 40. Anyone else remember seeing that thread?

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Measure out the amount of travel particular to your fork on your stanchion between the seal and lower crown.

That's the minimum. I've run my 888 below the min line ever since I've had it.
You also need to make sure the distance from the tire to the crown is more than the travel of the fork. With my Risse crowns the tire will hit the crown if I leave only 8" between the seal and lower crown.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Hey guys, was hoping someone could help me out with the minimum/ lowest possible ride height of the 888?
I have the tech drawings, and a figure is mentioned, but I'm looking for the lowest you can run these puppies...

Thanks
what year 888.....?.......170 or 200mm version.....?

MorewoodKid

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
In the woods...
I don't have a 888, the reason I am asking is I'm currently working on our '07 fork options and wanted to calculate head angle, bb height and wheelbase with the 'zokes... I have had a few ppl ask me about whether we will be specking the 'zokes for '07, and what the frame geo will be like and I just want to be in the know.

If I could get the min and max ride height of fork @ the 200mm(axle to crown height in mm or inches) I can do the math.

You guys are awesome, thanks!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
If you are asking for axle to crown height, it is right on the marz site. 2007 888 = 584mm. That is min height. max height is going to depend on stack height and top crown.

An aftermarket crown set will allow a lower a - c. My '05 sits at ~ 575mm with the go-ride crowns.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Oh yeah

Don't buy risse crowns

DO NOT leave only 200mm exposed stanchion before checking arch clearance.

zocchi works crowns, risse crowns, and also the 06 OE flat lower crown will contact before 200mm travel occurs. i cant say on other (go-ride, aireal, etc) but i have measured on the aforementioned ones. 04/05 OE drop crown will work with 200mm exposed stanchion.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I can verify that you can place Go-Ride crowns at 200-202mm above the seals and the crown will not hit the arch. The GR crowns are designed to hit the seals fits. The 05 and 06 Zoke flat crowns need to be at about 205-207mm above the seals or they will hit the arch first and you dont want that to happen. I have owned an 04, 05, and 06 888.