Quantcast

ZUMBI frames 2007

jezozwierz

Chimp
Jan 11, 2007
carpathian mountains
Check out these machines at http://zumbi.pl/english/index.php
wonder what You think. I know the owner of this small, practically one man company. The cool thing about these frames is that ZUMBI cooparates with Avalanche. So you can get a custom geometry frame with custom shock and fork from Craig. Ive already got a F-44 Ti prototype with a woodie shock with the additional hi/low adjusters :) Cant wait for the racing season to start on this beast.
Ooh and there is also an 8.5 min film Ride In Peace to download on their site made at the hometown of ZUMBI cycles
Cheers

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
The DH is like a cross between the rm9 and the chumba. The rear seat mast and mounts is like the disco, if you put it on the 44 it would be the disco. Then it would be :monkeydance: time. :D
Looks good none the less, should make for a really nice and nimble build. :thumb:

BTW: The home page for the site is great, I like it. Good layout with the leaves.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i really like the frames, the voodoo looks like a really nice hardtail. i like the wrap around headtube gusset and the beefy chainstays.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
wow the bikes really look amazing, i would love to see the team dh in a ti version ultra light minimalist frame, and that green colour is fvcking sickly! i want to vomit but in a good way :thumb:

yes i too think thats one of the best webpages ive seen in a long time.

th

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
I like the looks of the F-44 way way more than the DH team. Looks like theres some room on that upper shock mount for some modification

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice bikes.

Am I the only one to find it funny the frames are available in polished but strange that not all models are available in polished.

L

luelling

They look cool, not to knock them, but the F-44 looks like the old Cortina DH-8 and the Zumbi DH-team looks like a rip on the Chumba F4. Rip? I could care less, if the bike rips, sign me up!

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Really nice looking frames, especially the F-44 Ti.
jezozwierz,
So how does yours ride?

N I C K

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
Sunapee, NH
They look cool, not to knock them, but the F-44 looks like the old Cortina DH-8 and the Zumbi DH-team looks like a rip on the Chumba F4. Rip? I could care less, if the bike rips, sign me up!
Not the same at all. The Zumbi is a straight shock mount to the swingarm, where the chumba has linkage. Similar in appearance but not at all in suspention design.

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
I agree with superdeft, I have to commend you for publishing the full geometry of your bikes and leverage curve. I love how so many sites will only list headtube angle and tt size for their downhill bikes...greaaat info guys.

L

luelling

Not the same at all. The Zumbi is a straight shock mount to the swingarm, where the chumba has linkage. Similar in appearance but not at all in suspention design.
My bad, beer goggles impeded my judgement.

jezozwierz

Chimp
Jan 11, 2007
carpathian mountains
RD3 wrote:
Really nice looking frames, especially the F-44 Ti.
jezozwierz,
So how does yours ride?
My f-44 ti feels like a pure DH racing bike should feel. I got my woodie shock valved super sensitive and fast.Perfect work Craig!You can feel the suspension is progresive and has a linear rising rate just like on the chart on there site.Very sensitive at the SAG point and hard to bottom out.I like that.The center of gravity of this bike is perfectly under the rider so the bike is very balanced.It is very easy to get it in whips because of the lightweight swingarm.It pedals great thanks to almost zero chain stretch and the low speed compresion adjuster on the avy!ZERO pedal kickback!The geometry is strictly DH. I like the wheelbase 1175mm, low headtube helping to get better control on the front wheel on mine. Im 180cm tall and I have my horizontal top tube 603mm long.I had an opportunity compairing it with a IH sunday elite 2007.The first thing you notice is the weight. F-44 is arond 18kg.Its about 1.5kg lighter then the iron.It realy makes a difference.The bikes have a simmilar balance.The zumbi sprints better.The suspension had a simillar feeling but the Iron was set up softer so its hard to compare. I like to fly over things and ride in a ping pong style so I like my suspension a bit harder so its easier to ride just over the top parts of rocks and roots. Anyway just cant wait to start the racing season on my f-44...
Last season I raced on their DH Team frame. ZERO problems.Not even the swingarm bolts loosen up once.The suspension is linear and I used the frame with a chubie shock and dorado.For a single pivot frame it pedals great because of the swingarm point. The center of gravity is also in the perfect place and its very stiff thanks to the wacky swingarm construction.The brake floater will work nicely on this frame .
One last thing I love about these bikes...they are silent!
some more pics http://www.dh-zone.com/news/70.html

sorry for any English mistakes.

dhjoe

Chimp
Jan 2, 2005
Boulder, CO
Super clean frames. Nice!

Here is one for all you suspension gurus out there, what would the linkage of the F-44 be concidered? It looks kind of like a virtual pivot of some type, I just can't figure out which.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
very similar to the pdc. who seem to be defunct now so i guess its fair game. of course the pdc linkage was very similar to the karpiel disco before it... based on my experience with this bike its a really effective platform. nice work.