Quantcast

Zwei weekend day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fell asleep before 7pm and now I'm awake. Maybe I can bore myself back to sleep working on bills...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tired from yesterday's ride. Windy this afternoon, so need to ride early if it's going to be outdoors.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Baby Aya came in at 6:25, saying that her room (shared with middle kid Yuna) was stinky. I silently walked in with her to assess and it was a true story. Yuna must have laid down a large stinky fart. Thus Baby Aya is hanging out with us in our bed.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Managed to fall back asleep around 3 and woke up at 7:15. Swim for Hannah, washing the car, then some karting.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Kickr acquired, adding a new circuit and a few outlets in the basement which was long overdue.

Currently at swim lessons after much tantruming and meltdowning this morning. Slightly hungover as well, so it was one of those mornings I determined having kids was the worst decision I ever made, and I have a Jeep .

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Swim teacher No-Show. Only one of the three teachers supposed to be there showed up, so going to be a rough day there.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Mornin’.
Worky-worky, the tourists are back in town, butt-ass cold and high pressure, though.
Wifey is suffering from some low-grade depression, and I just don’t know what I can do to help.
Ahh, life.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Volunteered to walk my neighbor's puppy. She has family from out of town here. He was a bundle of energy. It was fun. We did 2 miles and roughhoused by the baseball diamonds with a ball he found. Beauty day here.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Decided to try out the Pilot Assist functions in the new car last night. It is a very strange feeling to let the car control the speed and steering. I’m sure I’ll get used to it at some point but it generated some anxiety.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You put the vinegar in the cupboard instead of the fridge and forget about it for several years. I think it fermented.
Vinegar is just the piss from wine's own drunken suicidal poor decisions. AKA an aerobic fermentation of an already anaerobically fermented liquid that lowers ph preventing further microbial growth.

Acetic acid is volotile. I guess it would be possible for the acid to evaporate, raising the PH and allowing the remaining sugars to be fermented again. You should turn whatever you have into vinegar again.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Ever been to Mt Bohemia? An old friend who grew up in Wisconsin used to love it. Good terrain, powder and no grooming.

I have actually. Cool place but 12 hour drive kinda sucks. Just working on wearing out a 5 year old today. In the Kalamazoo area.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Decided to try out the Pilot Assist functions in the new car last night. It is a very strange feeling to let the car control the speed and steering. I’m sure I’ll get used to it at some point but it generated some anxiety.
What bugged me most about Pilot Assist was that tugging on the steering wheel wouldn't disengage it (a la Tesla Autosteer). Had to explicitly cancel. Bad user interface design, plus it wouldn't stay well centered in turns, drifting towards the outside like a drunk.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
What bugged me most about Pilot Assist was that tugging on the steering wheel wouldn't disengage it (a la Tesla Autosteer). Had to explicitly cancel. Bad user interface design, plus it wouldn't stay well centered in turns, drifting towards the outside like a drunk.
Explicitly cancel as in tap the brake pedal?
I’m just so happy to have a new car with modern features and a smooth quiet ride. I was a little pissed that my google features weren’t working, until I found the SIM card setting and turned it on. 4 years of included internet connection doesn’t suck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Explicitly cancel as in tap the brake pedal?
I’m just so happy to have a new car with modern features and a smooth quiet ride. I was a little pissed that my google features weren’t working, until I found the SIM card setting and turned it on. 4 years of included internet connection doesn’t suck.
I thought to deactivate the steering part of Pilot Assist one had to hit the button on the wheel? You're clearly closer to the experience now, though, maybe I'm wrong.