Quantcast

¡¿¬Friday GMT¬¿¡

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
headin' home. head be hurtin' from going out with friends after i gave my talk last night. getting up was...not easy. c'mon, coffee!
flights better be on time. will avoid airport pizza today.
maybe a ride on sat or sun.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Day off. Leaving shortly to Glenwood Springs for a long weekend. Wifey has never been past Vail, so she has no idea what Glenwood Canyon looks like. I'm waiting for her mind to blow.

Going to Aspen Sunday afternoon and was hoping to go to Maroon Bells for pictures. Apparently I misread the schedule, as the road is closed from 8am to 5pm. I need to figure out how we are going to get there...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Day off. Leaving shortly to Glenwood Springs for a long weekend. Wifey has never been past Vail, so she has no idea what Glenwood Canyon looks like. I'm waiting for her mind to blow.

Going to Aspen Sunday afternoon and was hoping to go to Maroon Bells for pictures. Apparently I misread the schedule, as the road is closed from 8am to 5pm. I need to figure out how we are going to get there...
The road is not closed at this time of year to vehicular traffic. They run shuttle buses between 8am and 5pm during the summer/peak foliage times but we are well beyond that at this point. I was just up there less than a month ago and happily drove all the way to the upper parking lot.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This should not be the case in November. Usually this schedule only goes summer -> leaf-peeping season.

That said... you should call the Ranger District out there... it's *possible* the road is closed for the season because of snow by now.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Van oil change followed by whatever the day might bring.
JBP, refresh my memory: Which van are we talking about here? I recall two Fits, one replacing the other...?

I reined in the beard to 1/2" today. It was getting quite unruly at about 3x that.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Had a little get together with some friends last night. We played Fibbage....anyone played before? I smashed it!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Froze pretty hard here last night. 1/4 inch ice in the dog dish, hard frost on everything. Went running up the creek, the leaves are falling off the trees so fast and hard that you can hear them.

Glenwood Canyon
Everyone needs to experience that drive at least once. Quite the testament to mans engineering prowess.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This should not be the case in November. Usually this schedule only goes summer -> leaf-peeping season.

That said... you should call the Ranger District out there... it's *possible* the road is closed for the season because of snow by now.
Closing next weekend.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i never drove to glenwood springs that i recall......i may have been a sleeping passenger.....not sure.

supposed to see ride tonight.....i do not want to drive to birmingham.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, friends. 4 mile jog before work this morning with a swim on the post-work schedule. Speaking of weather, it was 58 degrees and humid for my run this morning. On November 6. What in the hell?

I've got a 5K trail race tomorrow. Age group winners get five pound apple pies and I snagged one last year. One of my asshole friends and fellow 43 year olds registered for tomorrow's race. He'll be stiff competition. We are pretty much runner equals. The last race we did together I beat him by three seconds. He's been killing it with his training lately though and won't want to lose to me again. Heh...friendly but serious competitors we are. :weee:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've got a 5K trail race tomorrow. Age group winners get five pound apple pies and I snagged one last year. One of my asshole friends and fellow 43 year olds registered for tomorrow's race. He'll be stiff competition. We are pretty much runner equals. The last race we did together I beat him by three seconds. He's been killing it with his training lately though and won't want to lose to me again. Heh...friendly but serious competitors we are.
invite him over and slip him some exlax

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day off here. Woke up with a headache, which was thrilling.

Need to do a few things and then its ride time. It was pissing rain all morning, so it should be good and slippery out there.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Been feeling crappy all week. Working from home today is much better.

We have a big open office. So peaceful being home with nobody around me. Getting a lot of work done.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
hate my office.

:stupid:

If any of you witnessed the "Morning Motivational" (or MoMo if you are cool), you would die. Each morning some poor sap has to do a 10-20 "something" to encourage team building and sense of office community. I am not required to go as a contractor, but I have gone to the ones put on by folks in my group. It's like a randomized WalMart chant type thing that is painful to witness 9/10 times.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I worked at Walmart during my 2nd or 3rd semester at college and had to join in on those chants. I only worked weekends and started at 5am. They chanted at 5:10am.

I didn't even quit, I just stopped going. FTS.

The best part was when they started leaving voicemails a month of two after not showing up, asking if I really intended on leaving. :rofl: