Quantcast

¡Áéíóú Monday GMT úóíéá!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Morning Monkeys.

Rain crap weekend, but did make it to Cash and Carry to pick up some smoker pellets and ribs. Spend Sunday smoking 2 racks for 7 hours. It is a sad day in Portland as news spread that Snoops uncle Reo lost his BBQ joint. It was also a historic location prior to him buying it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/05/witnesses_saw_people_running_f.html

Sucks.
VH1 show of his nephew, Snoop Dogg, "Martha and Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party.
Martha Stewart I assume?

*EDIT: Holy shit! Not just A show, but a whole series! :rofl:

:(

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Sonuvva BITCH. THOUGHT I GOT A 'too great to be true' price on a Carbon road bike (Giant Tcr with dura ace/ultegra). Bike was listed as a Medium and it is a Med/Large. Won't fit. At least it was through eBay/PayPal, I hope it doesn't turn ugly with the seller, but it is his fault for putting in the wrong size.
Fuck. Lame.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sonuvva BITCH. THOUGHT I GOT A 'too great to be true' price on a Carbon road bike (Giant Tcr with dura ace/ultegra). Bike was listed as a Medium and it is a Med/Large. Won't fit. At least it was through eBay/PayPal, I hope it doesn't turn ugly with the seller, but it is his fault for putting in the wrong size.
Fuck. Lame.
talk to @HAB he went through the same issue. seller listed the wrong size. IIRC seller then tried to nickle and dime him for "damage during shipping" after the fact.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mornin!

Hail damage appraisers came by yesterday and by the afternoon I had a quote in hand. Over $7K including replacing the hood, the topper, and replacing the roof. Yes, they will be cutting out my roof and welding a new one in.

All of that and of course they forgot to include the broken windshield. :rofl:
i think they are in denial......sounds like more work than it is worth.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i think they are in denial......sounds like more work than it is worth.
We'll see what the auto body shop has to say about the estimate once they have an opportunity to give it a good once over. Insurance would be on the hook for the 28K the truck is worth + the 4K in mods they cover + an extra 20% for totaled vehicle coverage I have. I have a hard time seeing them cutting a check for $30K+.

On the plus side I'm not sure I've ever seen them cut the roof out of a vehicle, so that'll be neat to watch. Probably not so neat 2 years down the road when the fucking thing leaks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Along with the incandescent light bulb, the jitterbug, and the horseless carriage. More signs that the newest young generation is impossibly hopeless to the prior generations, impossibly hopeless generation. Ad infinitum.
someone posted an article on FB claiming they're going to be "the downfall of western civilization" or some manner of nonsense

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
also the most expensive.

$45 back in dividend. I currently have a $120 dividend, $100 in gift cards, and another $200 family funding as well. That, is basically a free bike as far as my wallet is concerned.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We'll see what the auto body shop has to say about the estimate once they have an opportunity to give it a good once over. Insurance would be on the hook for the 28K the truck is worth + the 4K in mods they cover + an extra 20% for totaled vehicle coverage I have. I have a hard time seeing them cutting a check for $30K+.

On the plus side I'm not sure I've ever seen them cut the roof out of a vehicle, so that'll be neat to watch. Probably not so neat 2 years down the road when the fucking thing leaks.
who am i kidding....there was a vw shop in grand juction that straightened out a 356 that had looked like a crushed coke can....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
And Kendamas, which also have recently been banned at a lot of schools...
FIL gave one of these to my daughter last christmas. I can remember having one as a kid that I'm pretty sure my grandpa made in his garage shop. This is a toy probably as old as carpentry itself and all of the sudden they were like the hot thing last christmas. :confused:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No riding but a good bit of trail work this weekend. Hoping to sneak out for a spin this PM.

Buffed out this lander at our jumps. It was fully haggard after this winter. Shredder Sam included for scale--he is a beast behind the shovel and on the bike(and is the guy I gave my old spitfire for those who recall that story).
View attachment 125371

Then had the boys over to freshen the back yard pumptrack. Cannot wait for it to set up fully--this week's record breaking highs will help no doubt. Many beer laps await...
View attachment 125372
North Cackalacky red clay is the shit for building. You can shape it, pack it down and after a few rain/sun cycles it's nearly cement hard.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
$45 back in dividend. I currently have a $120 dividend, $100 in gift cards, and another $200 family funding as well. That, is basically a free bike as far as my wallet is concerned.
That sounds like how I calculate the price of beer.

"It's on sale plus I have this coupon for $5 off my next $50 purchase plus I found some change under my bed.....

It's pretty much free! Of course I'm buying that expensive, fancy, barrel aged porter!"