Quantcast

¢¢¢¢Shaturday$$$$

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lots of rain last night and more on tap for today. Very unlikely that we'll ride outdoors today.

Hey @stoney did you get washed away? Weather said you'd had 3" of rain by mid evening.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lots of rain last night and more on tap for today. Very unlikely that we'll ride outdoors today.

Hey @stoney did you get washed away? Weather said you'd had 3" of rain by mid evening.
We got hammered. I was just leaving IKEA when it hit. I got stuck in a parking garage for about 10min while the hail came down and it took me an hour to get from IKEA to the vet in Aurora where the kittens were getting snipped - which should have been 20min. 25 and 225 were flooded badly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hitch for the Audi showed up yesterday, so going to try and install it today instructions say 2 hours, so I'm going to start shortly to make sure it's done by 1030 when I need to take Hannah to a bday party. Etrailer is calling it a 6/10 difficulty project and needs assistance, which I don't have, so... Yeah

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not sure how USPS ships things, but must be by horseback and sail ships. Package left the US in San Francisco on June 13 and re-emerged in DK on June 25. Now stuck in customs. :disgust:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Drank Prosecco on our new porch last night, after unloading all our stuff and having burgers and beers at the brewery 2 blocks from our new place. Driving back to Denver today to visit @rideit and Teh Canadian. Sounds like no bikes?

We will also get our van and other car…

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Up in mountains. Have a few more window coverings to install today, and some burnt ends from the bbq joint to eat.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Drank Prosecco on our new porch last night, after unloading all our stuff and having burgers and beers at the brewery 2 blocks from our new place. Driving back to Denver today to visit @rideit and Teh Canadian. Sounds like no bikes?

We will also get our van and other car…
We are bringing bikes in case the soil complies...can ride Sunday or Monday?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Le Tour spoiler.
a spectator just made almost the entire field crash by standing with a dumb cardboard sign hanging out into the road
edit: brutal second crash 4 miles from the finish that took out the field again when a rider clipped a wheel

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
got up early for sunrise at tunnel view....then slept through...headed back down to the valley....

beakfast view...

20210626_074757.jpg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Le Tour spoiler.
a spectator just made almost the entire field crash by standing with a dumb cardboard sign hanging out into the road
edit: brutal second crash 4 miles from the finish that took out the field again when a rider clipped a wheel
this is useless without video

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... eTrailer misclassified whether or not a hitch fit. The only way this hitch will fit on my car is if I pull the bumper, which was not my intention, since I bought this one. Looks like it fits A4/5 through until the last face lift, but not this one. Technician is going to call me to see if I'm missing some aspect here, but I doubt it; there is physically not enough space to feed carriage bolts and a steel plate through the needed spot. Glad I followed instructions and already cut the bumper notch and cut out the spayed over, sealed plug in the spare wheel well in the trunk...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not sure how USPS ships things, but must be by horseback and sail ships. Package left the US in San Francisco on June 13 and re-emerged in DK on June 25. Now stuck in customs. :disgust:

It's almost like there is some kind of a world wide shipping shortage.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey lmao I got up at 5:30 and got a 70 mile ride on the tri bike done before it got hot and windy. 19.2 mph avg. Then I ran 3 miles. Good times.

I saved this little nutball from certain vehicle death. Stopped my bike ride and carried him to the side of the road he was headed to.

20210626_102532.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well this sucks, I can't find the Wolftooth dropstop chainring I ordered from Universal Cycles in the box, but it's on the invoice. First time this has happened.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well this sucks, I can't find the Wolftooth dropstop chainring I ordered from Universal Cycles in the box, but it's on the invoice. First time this has happened.
Ok, phew, shipping from a different warehouse.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
9 more window coverings installed, 8 of them cellular shades, 1 of them fussy vertical blinds including threading a tiny chain through the bottoms. (Incidentally also what mandown did today for the latter!) Garbage bin is now overflowing with the old window covering detritus. Prior owners appeared to have spent money once, in 2002, and then never touched the place thereafter.

Also watched kids play at the playground by the lake, set up the MyQ for a garage door here for no particular reason (no Key delivery here).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
9 more window coverings installed, 8 of them cellular shades, 1 of them fussy vertical blinds including threading a tiny chain through the bottoms. (Incidentally also what mandown did today for the latter!) Garbage bin is now overflowing with the old window covering detritus. Prior owners appeared to have spent money once, in 2002, and then never touched the place thereafter.

Also watched kids play at the playground by the lake, set up the MyQ for a garage door here for no particular reason (no Key delivery here).
How much for you to come and put up four cellular for me?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
How much for you to come and put up four cellular for me?
They're really not bad! 2 or 3 brackets depending on if ~60" or ~90" width. Each can be snug up to the window edge so no fussy measuring distances. Then angle the front in and press up hard, as one does

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talked to the eTrailer technician. Nobody there has installed on an All-Road before. The hitch does fit, but not without removing the bumper, which is how it was listed on the site. They will be updating their website to reflect it now. Meh. Guess the bumper is coming off.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Talked to the eTrailer technician. Nobody there has installed on an All-Road before. The hitch does fit, but not without removing the bumper, which is how it was listed on the site. They will be updating their website to reflect it now. Meh. Guess the bumper is coming off.
Was Haley on time for the party???