Quantcast

£¢€No hump day €¥¥¥¥✓©nt

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Woke up and found the child threw up in the sink around midnight.

-15f when I got in the car to go to work.

I almost changed out of my shorts and put on pants

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've gotten used to this cold-as-balls January because 14 degrees for my run this morning felt just fine. Got 5.6 miles done, nice and easy. It would have been nice to keep going, but work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ordered a new industrial label printer for our plant back in first week of December. Was just informed that it'll ship in June.

What the flying fuck is going on? :disgust1: :twitch: :brow: :s

Anyways. Coffee, work and then ride tonight. Supposed to be balls cold, so we'll see how far we make it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Long term sleep deprivation has stolen my short term memory. I'll set out to do 2 things and can only reliably remember to do 1. Le sigh.

Speaking of which, I'm coming to the conclusion that being a WFH parent is a daily battle to see whether I fail at being a parent or as a worker. There is no middle ground.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
18F ATM. Coffee and pooping on the schedule, some laundry and dishes, then a ride in the afternoon. Should warm up to 25F by then. Back to work tonight after a week off.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
45F here today and no sight of any frost.

Have somebody at work who is driving me crazy with nonstop incompetence. For some unknown reason it has no consequences.

Been the gym already and legs I recovering nicely. They really took a hit after I had the flu. I need to find more interesting kettlebell exercises though.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have discovered wordle.
my wife too. and she's got my son hooked as well.

cold here. said son had a crap night's sleep after (finally) getting his (fucking) vaccine yesterday. also says his stomach hurts. I'm not sure if it was the stress leaving his body, the side-effects of the lorazepam, the side-effects of the vaccine, or the Popeye's we had for dinner (he was promised he could choose dinner to celebrate finally getting the vaccine), or a combination thereof. But he's home from school for the day.

currently -14°F, but feels like -31°F with the wind. The walk to school with youngest was brisk, but nice. it's always so much easier when there's just one of them.

I may try and get out for a ski this evening.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still alive, cough is driving me nuts, still no taste or smell.

Spent 5 hours on hold with IRS yesterday to have a 2 min video call. Waited 4 weeks for an appointment with DMV to have a 30 second interaction. Booked an appointment 3 weeks ago for a 1 minute documentation session with DEQ.

This shit makes me livid.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
howdy folks

excited there is talk of another mfest. I love that shit. hope we can do some time at KT as I miss them trails. otherwise, WFH and shopping for aero bars for my road bike.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Speaking of which, I'm coming to the conclusion that being a WFH parent is a daily battle to see whether I fail at being a parent or as a worker. There is no middle ground.
There is a middle ground, it's being mediocre at both. It'll pass, just do what you can to get by. I hated my sub6mo kids. Fuck that noise. I love my 4yo+ kids to death. Just do what you can to keep going. Now I feel like I can be both a good dad and a good employee.

Nobody ever died wishing they had spent more time at work.
True, but plenty of people died being broke and homeless.

Been the gym already and legs I recovering nicely. They really took a hit after I had the flu. I need to find more interesting kettlebell exercises though.
Single leg deadlifts, squats, lunges, and KB swings seem to do it for me.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I love it when shit goes smoothly. Took the Ambulances over to the CHP Office for their annual permit inspection. Same officer for the last 4 years. All the rigs are set up identically, so after he does one he just makes sure the others look the same and all the emergency lights work and he signs them off. 10 minutes per rig. good to go for another 12 months.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I AM A FUCKING WIZARD

"Confidence is growing that a winter storm with the intensity of a hurricane, snow measured in feet and blizzard-like conditions"

Fly you fools!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know what's been a shit show the last 3 days? The group that the manager position I was thinking about is under. Like, let's hope there aren't people quitting no notice. I think I'll stick with my lower paying job.