Quantcast

£££ middle gmt £££

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
thanks for the tips.

I test drove an e-golf but it felt pretty dreadful power-wise. I loved the car though, it's handling was good and the interior was passable. It was just slooooow and range is limited.

The mini-e is on my radar but as I really only need about 100 miles of range, I can afford to look for a decent used one. Bolts come in around 20k, leafs considerably less. Not sure what a new, competitive leaf will run on the used market though. I'd consider a model 3, but those don't seem to depreciate the way anything else does.
i think there is a really used prius near me for 4500......

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The mini-e is on my radar but as I really only need about 100 miles of range, I can afford to look for a decent used one. Bolts come in around 20k, leafs considerably less. Not sure what a new, competitive leaf will run on the used market though. I'd consider a model 3, but those don't seem to depreciate the way anything else does.
Your used market is gonna be pretty slim.

Mini-e doesn't even hit the market until next year. 2nd Gen leaf has only been out since 2018, long range leaf was new this year. Might have slightly better luck with Bolts. Can't be many used Model 3's out there yet either. Remember if you buy used you do not get tax credits. I would suspect in most cases buying new + tax credit will be very similar price wise, if not cheaper, than anything you might find on the secondary market. Base model Mini-e comes in under 19K here in CO with fed and State credits.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
For 100 miles of reliable range for @Sandwich I'd recommend something with at least 40 kWh.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was planning to ride after work in an hour, it was 50ish freedums and sunny when I was outside with dog earlier.

It's now 30, with visibility of 50 yards...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001

Finally tried out the Popeye's sandwich today. (Quite the wait in the drive-through at the noon hour! Popular!)

Verdict: It actually was really good. Excellent crunch, tender chicken, tasty mayo. Approve.

Last edited:
Gave away a bunch of leftover roofing materials today...

Took the fantasy van up to the dealer in Milton to get this and that adjusted and order some bits I want. No appointment, instant service.

Toaster oven died this morning, got another, separated materials in the old one for disposal.

Bought some knives for my traveling/camping food kit - had some but they managed to disappear last year.

Started building a shelf for the van to provide some order for various stuff I carry around.

It's beer thirty.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I’m thinking that with freezing rain overnight it shall be a good day to not bike commute tomorrow.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took my Skates to be sharpened. Blade fucking fell out. No fix can be had. I need new Skates now as it rotted out from the inside. Ski Boots are missing also. While driving my brothers ATV I hit a bump and his beloved JBL Bluetooth Speaker fell into a huge mud puddle. Even though it worked underwater and in the Rain, it is not working now. However Sexy Maid (Alex) got a Job cleaning our friends Ski Lodge which came with a family pass at the local Ski Hill. She doesn't Ski and its mine if I want it. I do.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Looks flexy.

Nice. I had an S540 back in the mid 80s... loved that guitar
sweet @StiHacka
dude that played guitar in the band i was in in high school had a nice 470s in jewel blue. i still have my soundgear bass under our bed. we had a great high school punk band name: SHAFTED. we played one show at the teen center in chapel hill. :rofl:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Can't wait for get the hell out of Texas-day. Aka, Friday.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
WTF @ @Toshi getting credit for me pointing out they're giving away e-golf's with the dealer discounts + fed tax credit + CO tax credit :(
My brother in law has an e-golf. It's nice, but the range is... limited. They use it as a commuter in Montreal, so I suppose that works for them. They came to visit us (about 125mi away) and had to charge on the way in and on the way out. Doesn't seem ideal to me. I think the ID3 (& ID5) are coming to NA in the next year or so. That might be a better option?

I have two friends with Leafs, a friend w a Bolt, a friend w an S (2014), a friend w an X (2019), and a colleague w a 3. The X is obviously the most upscale, and the 3 is sleek, but I kinda like the Leafs.

VW would be my preference if it had better range. I don't foresee needing a new car for the next 3-4 years, so I'm hoping more options are available.

@Sandwich, when does the warranty expire?

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's a 2017, so likely 2021/october. I probably will not swap cars until spring 2021, but my wife hates my car, so I'd consider getting rid of it early to keep my marriage :D

again, my ideal would be an i3, bolt, or leaf to get to work, then something more fun to drive on nice days and to the inlaws/mtb park....but wife doesn't want three cars. I don't take a lot of road trips anymore, but I'd need to charge one of these cars twice to get out to most of the common parks.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Finally tried out the Popeye's sandwich today. (Quite the wait in the drive-through at the noon hour! Popular!)

Verdict: It actually was really good. Excellent crunch, tender chicken, tasty mayo. Approve.
so.....you are fasting.....but eating popeyes?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
so.....you are fasting.....but eating popeyes?
Not eating during the fast, of course, but I do eat some carbs. Check my thread for my carb test thing I'm doing now for fun and profit.