Quantcast

¤《Montag MFGMT》¤

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Seriously, where the hell are the east coasters? Fall is here and the trails are in awesome shape. I rode both days and saw very few people. Yay, the tourists are gone!!!!! Rewriting our Management Disscusion and Analysis today. 15 pages of blah.:banghead:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Went for run yesterday and it was weird. It was sunny but snowing. Strong winds were knocking acorns, leaves, and twigs off the trees. It felt like the damn sky was falling down all around me. Cool stuff.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rewriting our Management Disscusion and Analysis today. 15 pages of blah.:banghead:
Done with the pension plan review, at least?

I took a random day off today, planning to go to Tiny Town and ride the train. They're closed, though--great planning on our part.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mariko likes trains and this is closer than the (also not open) Georgetown railroad... I guess we could go to Union Station and have her ride on the light rail :D

Started out repairing a clock, dropped a part on the floor. Looking for the part (a tiny nut) got me into cleaning. Found the part, finished cleaning, repaired the clock, resumed cleaning. Time to propel my sorry ass outside. Ohyeah, 21 F here this morning.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
serious case of butt pee....only thing left to do today is let a puppy out.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
A balmy 36^ when I went outside at 7:30. Mountains escape plan pushed to next Monday; after pulling apart our dryer on Saturday to confirm heating element was kaput decided I didn't want to deal with it. So the repair person is coming at 11:30 to fix it. I'll ride locally in the afternoon. Should be upper 50s and sunny.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Productive weekend of yard work and stuffs. Trying to tick a buncha things off the list before winter. Exciting stuff I know.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is in SF again. Spent Sunday running errands and working on the car. Got the exhaust cam position sensors installed. Total ibtch. Still waiting for the oil hoses that are the next step to repair. Hopefully it's just backed up hoses at this point.
Trying to clear the date with Wifey to get tickets for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in November.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey is in SF again. Spent Sunday running errands and working on the car. Got the exhaust cam position sensors installed. Total ibtch. Still waiting for the oil hoses that are the next step to repair. Hopefully it's just backed up hoses at this point.
Trying to clear the date with Wifey to get tickets for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in November.
what's BMW's slogan? ///Mechanics wanted?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what's BMW's slogan? ///Mechanics wanted?
Realistically it's not hard work I just have wookie hands that don't fit well into the tight engine bay. It's not much more than what I would regularly do with the Lesbaru. Parts are just a bit (maybe 15%) more expensive and the engine bay is tighter. I knew the Subaru much, much better and it was far simpler so I was able to do things quicker.

I've got the 40k service for the Subaru to do next month once this is done and I've taken a week or two off from wrenching. That shouldn't be bad though. Just a brake service, oil/filter, cabin air filter, and intake air filter. I have an STI sway off the black Subie I sold that I will be doing as well.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stoney....you will always be able to point and laugh at all the bitches who buy new cars then complain about the cost of maintenance.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Started out repairing a clock, dropped a part on the floor. Looking for the part (a tiny nut) got me into cleaning. Found the part, finished cleaning, repaired the clock, resumed cleaning. Time to propel my sorry ass outside. Ohyeah, 21 F here this morning.
It was 21 when I got to school at 7:45am and only 19 when I got up at 6am. Coupled with the coating of snow on my deck yesterday and the flurries off and on all day Saturday & Sunday, me thinks Winter is fast approaching.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning monkeys. How is everyone doing? I feel like I never get to login anymore and that's gotta change!
Finally settling into my hellish schedule so hopefully I can pop in more than once a month.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
TSO shows are GREAT...this year is a new show too! One of my former students starred in their movie Ghost of Christmas Past so I had the pleasure of meeting them when they were in town (many years ago).

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
New Vanos pu///Mp.
Haven't needed to buy one and hopefully won't need to. Worst case, there is a mechanic based out of Austin who buys ones off wrecks, services, and sells them for less than half retail. He's a big member of the e39 M5 community and is working with the guy that part out to keep as many of the expensive, repairable parts available.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Story of my life lately....cleaning to find things I have either hidden (kids recorders) or have been "misplaced" by kids or dog.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Haven't needed to buy one and hopefully won't need to. Worst case, there is a mechanic based out of Austin who buys ones off wrecks, services, and sells them for less than half retail. He's a big member of the e39 M5 community and is working with the guy that part out to keep as many of the expensive, repairable parts available.
You know something has gone terribly wrong with a particular car model when ^^ happens. I had the same deal with a GM transmission in my Volvo S80T6. Thos transmissions were dying left and right, Volvo would swap them for $4-5k so there were mechanics who would harvest them off new-ish wrecks and swap them for $1500.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know something has gone terribly wrong with a particular car model when ^^ happens. I had the same deal with a GM transmission in my Volvo S80T6. Thos transmissions were dying left and right, Volvo would swap them for $4-5k so there were mechanics who would harvest them off new-ish wrecks and swap them for $1500.
Not necessarily. It's a 100k service point and it's a bitch to service. Also like I mentioned a few days ago, the attrition rate of these cars is very high, as people who buy them often aren't aware of the cost of maintenance if you can't do it on your own. They run them into the ground instead of paying for maintenance.

That is part of why the price of them is actually going up right now. Cars in good condition with logged history of repairs are going for a 20-30% premium over comperable mileage cars.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Monday. It is Monday. Fvck you Monday.

Had a really weird call with one of the new bosses last week that left the impression that the other new girl coming in who I will train, will be in direct competition with me for the position I thought I was getting. WTF just happened, and how do I tactfully, professionally clear this up. I do NOT want to touch any bridges with my lighter. I need that in the bongshed later. #confused

In other news, the kiddo's team won their game Saturday and extend their season to the playoffs! It was a great game! 27-0.

Seahawks... I've never been a bandwagon fan, so I'm not going anywhere, but holy sh!tballs guys get it together.

JBP what happened to the thread of win?

Went for run yesterday and it was weird. It was sunny but snowing. Strong winds were knocking acorns, leaves, and twigs off the trees. It felt like the damn sky was falling down all around me. Cool stuff.
Super jelly of the snow!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
16 weekish old puppy bends the fuck out of metal fence....find him in front yard saying fuck you bitch...