Quantcast

¦¦¦¦ It's Thursday Damnit GMT ¦¦¦¦

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. M is listed and the bidding is already going well. Bunch of meetings today.

Did a 7 mile ride with Haley yesterday on which we found a little mtb area in town. She then proceeded to eat shit in epic levels. We need to work on her speed control...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
titty bit niply outside this morning.....felt like fall for the second day in the row...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Pain free sleep was Awesome. Butt early 445 am transport now back home drinking espresso and getting ready to eat soft foods. I get to chill at home until 9 am when my real shift starts. On bad thing from the oral surgery is that I can;t ride or do cardio for a week. Losing the clot and getting dry socket would be just as painful as the broken and infected molar. At least I can get out and do long walks with the dogs

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, covid friends. I've gotten myself up at the reasonable hour of 6:00 the last two mornings. I ran for an hour on the rail trail this morning. It'll be nice when the weather warms up and I can turn some of those early runs into early bike rides. I also got gas this morning, which is the first business I have visited in three weeks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hello.
Another good snowfall overnight, maybe 7+ inches of fresh and still falling pretty hard at the moment. Glad I made the office run yesterday. This would be great for skiing, but you know.

We need to work on her speed control...
get out in the driveway and teach her how to trackstand. it'll force her to use her brakes in a different way than full-hooks after it's already too late.

My boys wrecked themselves from top to bottom at Trestle first run.
I"d be shocked if Trestle and Keystone even open this season. :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hello.
Another good snowfall overnight, maybe 7+ inches of fresh and still falling pretty hard at the moment. Glad I made the office run yesterday. This would be great for skiing, but you know.

get out in the driveway and teach her how to trackstand. it'll force her to use her brakes in a different way than full-hooks after it's already too late.

I"d be shocked if Trestle and Keystone even open this season. :mad:
all this talk of bikes part not opening has me drafting plans for trials obstacles.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got my bone marrow donor registration in the mail yesterday. A little cheek swab and some day I may be called on to donate to someone in need. Worth it.

We had a dusting of that crap on the ground when I awoke... Dragged the Tracer out yesterday, it still seems to work. Toying with the idea of using Deity DC pedals instead of Shimano DX M647s this year...
I switched to flats on the trail bike full time a few years ago, after a good decade of riding clipless, and have enjoyed the move. Sure, I don't have as much pedaling power and sure, you don't approach obstacles the same mentally, but I have no complaints.

That is a good reminder though that I need to find a good set of flats. The Race Face Chesters have been okay, but even with 5.10s leave something to be desired when it comes to traction.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

No snow here yet, but it's cold enough. Was supposed to go for another long bike ride, but I am just not feeling it. We'll see how it goes.

Got my bone marrow donor registration in the mail yesterday. A little cheek swab and some day I may be called on to donate to someone in need. Worth it.
Good on you. I tried to do this, but was told my previous medical history excludes me. :(

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin!

I switched to flats on the trail bike full time a few years ago, after a good decade of riding clipless, and have enjoyed the move. Sure, I don't have as much pedaling power and sure, you don't approach obstacles the same mentally, but I have no complaints.

That is a good reminder though that I need to find a good set of flats. The Race Face Chesters have been okay, but even with 5.10s leave something to be desired when it comes to traction.
good on you for being a donor. :thumb:

I've been on the OneUp flats for just over a season now. LOVE them. Not sure if they'll last long term, but great grip.
1587045283880.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Woke to an email from my new boss and an IM from my old. Seems engineering has been split into two teams and I am on the new team. My existing contract is until May 2nd. I had pitched my old boss my vision for the QA group and had done some examples. Not sure if the new boss is aware.

If nothing else, I have a phone interview tomorrow, ugh.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Mornin!

Good for you. A friend went through the donation and it was pretty brutal, but it was successful. It is not an easy process.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had to drive to friggin' work this morning - someone from the head office had a laptop that was stuck in ye 'ole reboot loop.

Fixed that but now have discovered that the internet connection at this building has returned to its roots and is working slowing than the fax line. Ugh.... And calling Bell to report the issue is such a hastle. They are a god damn phone company, yet EVERY TIME I call them, their customer service operators have the absolute worst voice quality - tie that in with heavy french accents, it makes me want to hit my head against the wall.

Oh well. Coffee it now and then I have tomorrow off, which I 100% plan on going for a bike ride.

And yeah, holy titties was it cold this morning.

I've been on the OneUp flats for just over a season now. LOVE them. Not sure if they'll last long term, but great grip.
View attachment 143710
OneUp stuff seems pretty good. And if they break, I'm sure their warranty department will hook you up with a discount or replacement.

We have the plastic versions on our fatbikes and they've been great. And if those do break, hey at least they're cheap.

My OneUp dropper post has been nearly perfect so far - just needs a little lube on the shaft every once in a while.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I like my Saints. Cheap and durable. Check Universal for them for $55 or so.
just needs a little lube on the shaft every once in a while.
Don’t we all.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

View attachment 143710
Had to drive to friggin' work this morning - someone from the head office had a laptop that was stuck in ye 'ole reboot loop.

Fixed that but now have discovered that the internet connection at this building has returned to its roots and is working slowing than the fax line. Ugh.... And calling Bell to report the issue is such a hastle. They are a god damn phone company, yet EVERY TIME I call them, their customer service operators have the absolute worst voice quality - tie that in with heavy french accents, it makes me want to hit my head against the wall.

Oh well. Coffee it now and then I have tomorrow off, which I 100% plan on going for a bike ride.

And yeah, holy titties was it cold this morning.

OneUp stuff seems pretty good. And if they break, I'm sure their warranty department will hook you up with a discount or replacement.

We have the plastic versions on our fatbikes and they've been great. And if those do break, hey at least they're cheap.

My OneUp dropper post has been nearly perfect so far - just needs a little lube on the shaft every once in a while.
No issues with the big bearing hump at the crank interface? Not sure if your/my foot would ever land on or rub on those and feel funky.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No issues with the big bearing hump at the crank interface? Not sure if your/my foot would ever land on or rub on those and feel funky.
No issue here with OneUp composites on fat and trail bike, I think wife has them on both of hers too. The the occasional pin replacement, the same as any flats.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Happy Birthday to the Danish Queen! :cheers:
Dafuq is with you Euros and royalty? :confused: :D
No issue here with OneUp composites on fat and trail bike, I think wife has them on both of hers too. The the occasional pin replacement, the same as any flats.
So do these have the pins that screw into the body of the pedal, or are they the pin/nut type that pass through the pedal platform?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

View attachment 143710
How are they for rebuildability? Been happy overall with my raceface atlases. The rebuilding can be a bit finicky as the do develop some pay over time (and as I bash them into shit). These look to have similar platform design/profile, which I like a lot.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So do these have the pins that screw into the body of the pedal, or are they the pin/nut type that pass through the pedal platform?
Pins thread into a little captured nylock nut IIRC. So nothing is actually threaded into the pedal body.

*I presume the metal pedals are similar, but I think it's different pin kits for each type.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We like her because, in contrast to your wannabe king, she can't do much damage. ;)
And she is fairly cool for a royal. This was written 5 years ago, but most still holds true: https://www.dw.com/en/worlds-coolest-queen-margrethe-of-denmark-turns-75/a-18384661-0
That's actually pretty cool. And I'd trade her for the orange-maned shitgibbon any day of the week.

On a positive note... ah, who am I kidding? I got nuthin'. :mad:

On a more negative note: if you're going to go backcountry skiing in the Time of Covid, DIAL IT THE FUCK BACK. :rant: