Quantcast

§§§§ Elk Wednesday §§§§

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
in-office day. enough people have left the office now, so I can discretely post on the monkey!!!

I'm not a fan of this open concept, no assigned seating BS... but my commute really ain't too bad, so I'm ok with it. we'll see when winter hits. don't really want to leave too early, as the contractors at my place are still there, making noise and being loud. they're supposed to hang dry-wall today. we'll see how far they got.

rainy shitty day here. but it's supposed to subside this evening. will bring my youngest to his dryland training tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The neighbors down the street put a Harris sign in their yard and my wife is excited that we are no longer the only ones. :rofl:

There are at least a half dozen "other" signs, and flags, and banners.
I drive by a house with oodles of Trump 2024 flags on it, but also a rather large "My body my choice" sign. I don't get it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My boss was telling me yesterday that if the dude we fired shows up, not to let him in and just call the non emergency number. Apparently he was let in and went to our presidents office saying he wanted to apologize. Kim said "let's talk in the hall" and walked him out and shut the door behind him. He was employed for a full year and literally did zero work because he was sick a few weeks after he started. I still can't believe we kept him on as long as we did. He has been created email accounts so he can harass the HR lady. WTF.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My boss was telling me yesterday that if the dude we fired shows up, not to let him in and just call the non emergency number. Apparently he was let in and went to our presidents office saying he wanted to apologize. Kim said "let's talk in the hall" and walked him out and shut the door behind him. He was employed for a full year and literally did zero work because he was sick a few weeks after he started. I still can't believe we kept him on as long as we did. He has been created email accounts so he can harass the HR lady. WTF.
Yikes. Hard shooter vibes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
on the first beer of Vacation. Left for work at 0330 day from hell back at 1400. off to Mendocino in the morning back Sunday night. Recommended to the CEO that we terminate our resident moron. Just got himself banned by a nursing home for being out of line with the staff, shall we say overly friendly. he is an ID 10 T error

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh, 3rd crappy ride in a row. Felt like puking on the first climb tonight and was riding like an idiot. With how slippery it is after 3 days of rain, I bailed.

Maybe related to feeling like shit is a combo of 1 too many beer last night, raccoons getting into the recycling at 3am and waking me up, being awake since 3am and for some reason I havnt pooped yet today. Also chugged more coffee than usual.

Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. At least I can nap now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I find this hilarious. #5 considering the other places on this list :rofl:

Time Out’s top 10 coolest neighborhoods:
  1. Notre-Dame-du-Mont, Marseille, France
  2. Mers Sultan, Casablanca, Morocco
  3. Pererenan, Bali, Indonesia
  4. Seongsu-dong, Seoul, South Korea
  5. Kerns, Portland, USA
  6. Stokes Croft and St Paul’s, Bristol, UK
  7. Chippendale, Sydney, Australia
  8. Príncipe Real, Lisbon, Portugal
  9. Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  10. Windsor, Melbourne, Australia

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My Orthopedic Surgeon is really good at quickly answering my emails, but he is giving me options with no advice.

1: Wait 6 weeks to see how it feels
2: Try to stitch 3 broken bits of bone back into place, 3 week deadline to do this
3: Rebuild glenoid with bone harvested from my hip

My right should has similar damage from 30 years ago and is just fine as long as I keep the muscles in good and strong. But that injury happened 30 years ago and I don't recover like a 19 year old anymore.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
My Orthopedic Surgeon is really good at quickly answering my emails, but he is giving me options with no advice.

2: Try to stitch 3 broken bits of bone back into place, 3 week deadline to do this

My right should has similar damage from 30 years ago and is just fine as long as I keep the muscles in good and strong. But that injury happened 30 years ago and I don't recover like a 19 year old anymore.
tell me about it. toes and collarbone still...unhappy from labor day wreck.

:wave:

I failed at seeing herbie hancock yesterday.

bullshit.
he was playing tonight, yo. you could still coulda ROCK'd IT man! unless you're posting from the future...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

get it fixed asap I had my distal head of my biceps tendon reattached, 6 months of rehab and 14 years later its still working. right ankle 12 screws and a metal plate, hurt for a year but now 7 years later its still good. Looking at getting my shoulders checked. Getting old is not for sissies

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
tell me about it. toes and collarbone still...unhappy from labor day wreck.

he was playing tonight, yo. you could still coulda ROCK'd IT man! unless you're posting from the future...
charlotte was sold out I believe...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Well that was a first… actually vomited at the finish line. Still got almost last, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying.
a veterinarian I worked with in colorado did that upon completion of the Leadville 100 trail run...