Quantcast

§∆§ Tuesday GMT ∆§∆

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yeah... So I told the CO monkeys this news last night.

I got a call from my boss late yesterday, and he is shutting the company down immediately and declaring bankruptcy. There was some concern he wouldn’t be able to make payroll this month, but I think that’s settled. I’m not really in a good place financially for this to have happened right now i.e. I won’t be taking a year sabbatical. Gotta start the job search hustle like now, yo.

Fortunately, I had one foot out the door already. I started a user experience design course a couple of weeks ago, which is where my career has been kinda-sorta naturally heading anyways. The course will jump start that trajectory, which I see as an evolution of 15+ years of graphic design combined with the last 5+ years of tech project management. My timeline is just bumped up... way up. The boss and I are gonna talk again today, he’s suggesting that I poach our clients for freelance work once he makes the announcement the company is shutting down. So, there is a sort of a short term plan, but it still makes me nervous as hell.

Needless to say, I’ll be jamming on putting my resume and portfolio together ASAP. If anyone has a good resume writing/review resource for creative types, I’d be much obliged.

#funemployed

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sorry to hear that dude. I can write a great resume, but I'm not a creative guy, I'm in biotech. I am apparently pretty good at interviewing, too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woman came back in a different car 30min later. :think: Took blame, but swapped cars... I'm really glad we have the camera. Let's see what's on it when she gets home.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yeah... So I told the CO monkeys this news last night.

I got a call from my boss late yesterday, and he is shutting the company down immediately and declaring bankruptcy. There was some concern he wouldn’t be able to make payroll this month, but I think that’s settled. I’m not really in a good place financially for this to have happened right now i.e. I won’t be taking a year sabbatical. Gotta start the job search hustle like now, yo.

Fortunately, I had one foot out the door already. I started a user experience design course a couple of weeks ago, which is where my career has been kinda-sorta naturally heading anyways. The course will jump start that trajectory, which I see as an evolution of 15+ years of graphic design combined with the last 5+ years of tech project management. My timeline is just bumped up... way up. The boss and I are gonna talk again today, he’s suggesting that I poach our clients for freelance work once he makes the announcement the company is shutting down. So, there is a sort of a short term plan, but it still makes me nervous as hell.

Needless to say, I’ll be jamming on putting my resume and portfolio together ASAP. If anyone has a good resume writing/review resource for creative types, I’d be much obliged.

#funemployed
b0rk :(

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
mrs stoney ok? anyone else in the car with her?
Yeah. Slow speed because of the snow. We might get lucky with the responsibility of blame if any issues come up. Wifey had the car on and the camera is always on, so when she knocked on the window and told her that she hit her, we have should have it on the camera. I need to pull it when I get back to the house.

She needed a new front bumper anyways because of a broken bracket, so win for us. But depreciation because it was a clean title before. Not looking forward to that fight.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah. Slow speed because of the snow. We might get lucky with the responsibility of blame if any issues come up. Wifey had the car on and the camera is always on, so when she knocked on the window and told her that she hit her, we have should have it on the camera. I need to pull it when I get back to the house.

She needed a new front bumper anyways because of a broken bracket, so win for us. But depreciation because it was a clean title before. Not looking forward to that fight.
never know what happens with that crap. I got tapped by some idiot who out idioted even me and clipped my bumper as I drove past. Quite a bit of work, she was totally at fault, never made it to the carfax as far as I know. We ditched the car shortly thereafter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
never know what happens with that crap. I got tapped by some idiot who out idioted even me and clipped my bumper as I drove past. Quite a bit of work, she was totally at fault, never made it to the carfax as far as I know. We ditched the car shortly thereafter.
i can only imagine what auto insurance is like for massholes

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
FT: Check to see if U of C is hiring? Stability and benefits, yo.

I hope you've informed the authorities in this matter.
And by that used their web portal or non-emergency line. Anything not involving serious injury will be priority 0 today, I'm guessing. Shitshow out there!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I hope you've informed the authorities in this matter.
Told Wifey to call the non-emergency no matter what. She didn't has too much trust in people. Apparently she pulled off to the other side of the dealership and they didn't see each other. I questionably believe that, but I doubt Wifey walked more than 50' to look for someone, so...

I need to confirm the video though. That will cover our ass to full extent.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
And by that used their web portal or non-emergency line. Anything not involving serious injury will be priority 0 today, I'm guessing. Shitshow out there!
Fuck that. Bitch runs off, Imma call 911.

Edit: sniped by @stoney, but my comment stands.
Apparently she pulled off to the other side of the dealership and they didn't see each other.
Was that where her second car was parked? :think:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fuck that. Bitch runs off, Imma call 911.

Edit: sniped by @stoney, but my comment stands.

Was that where her second car was parked? :think:
Supposedlt, after she (Wifey) didn't show for 10min, she left. Went home, got a more appropriate car, then came back to see if they just missed each other.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
One of our residents lives in Brighton. Apparently I-76 was a nightmare, especially with somewhat bald all-seasons per him--took him 2 hours to get in! I invited him to stay in our guest bedroom tonight since I live closer and have my Land Cruiser on Nokians.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
45 miles to the aeropuerto from mi casa.
2.5 hours there.
2 hours home.

Best part is my plane never made it up here out of Co Springs this morning, so it probably was @Pesqueeb 's fault !! :rant:
Sounds like our drive out to the aiport a couple years back on our way to Cabo. Google told us to take 470->70->76->96th->Tower->airport. I, of course, said Google was full of shit, went east on Bowles, saw the shitshow of people trying to get up the hill towards Santa Fe, and proceeded to take Google's suggested route. :mad:

One of our residents lives in Brighton. Apparently I-76 was a nightmare, especially with somewhat bald all-seasons per him
WTF? Fuck giving him a place to stay - tell him to go straight to the goddam tire shop and get some goddam snow tires. It'll serve him right, the amount of time he'll waste waiting for the tires to get installed... :rant: :D