®®® Thursday GMT ®®®

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some info in regards to the car warming argument
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/biggest-myth-warming-car-winter-164138459.html

Cliffs Notes:

Warming up the car by letting it idle runs a rich mixture, witch causes cylinder washing, witch causes engine wear.
Car warms up faster when driving, minimizing cylinder wash related wear.
My thing is to let the coolant reach 80F before I start driving. I need to get an oil temp sensor...

The biggest issue I have with getting in and driving is that the transmission usually feels like garbage. When it is super cold, getting it back into 1st gear can be a no-go.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My thing is to let the coolant reach 80F before I start driving. I need to get an oil temp sensor...

The biggest issue I have with getting in and driving is that the transmission usually feels like garbage. When it is super cold, getting it back into 1st gear can be a no-go.
Ha Subaru transmissions. I had to double clutch my WRX to get into first no matter the temp if I was moving at all.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Different transmission oil can help.

I let my Land Cruiser warm up this morning while I released the parking brake. Then I drove off.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Today’s visit to the small room produced the Holy Grail of Poop, one continuous log at least twelve inches in length and a clean paper single wipe. It was glorious.

Bring on the Snowapocalypse.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
welcome to the upper south. don't plan on getting home until tuesday or wednesday unless you drive out of the region to another airport...like atlanta or somewhere in the northeast