Quantcast

{{°{ Tuesday GMT }°}}

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I close on my first house on 1/22... just 10 days from now. And the lender decides to inform me *today* that they're gonna need me to amend my 2013 tax return. :rant:

@Adventurous I have a couple lender guys I could recommend as well. Will PM.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Feels like somebody just hit me in the back with a club and it's getting progressively worse. Med center downstairs thinks it's a kidney stone. Got a script for flowmax to see if I can pass it naturally. This will make for a very painful trip to Whistler this weekend if I can't get it sorted.
Dude... that timing is teh suck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Feels like somebody just hit me in the back with a club and it's getting progressively worse. Med center downstairs thinks it's a kidney stone. Got a script for flowmax to see if I can pass it naturally. This will make for a very painful trip to Whistler this weekend if I can't get it sorted.
Fuck, dude. Fuck that. That shit sucks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am done getting pissed off and stressed out dealing with morons at work. I have just accepted the fact that I work for a company that produces shit and charges large sums of money for it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have a pair of broken Smith sunglasses I need to send in for "warranty". This conversation transpired in my office just now:

Me: "I need a small box."
Female co-worker: "That's what every man needs."

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
15 year @ 3.5% . At our current rate of payment we have just a little over 6 years left. :weee:
That's what we did... I still have 9-ish years left, though. :(

A quiet one would suffice.
Small and noisy or large and quiet?

Discuss...

I close on my first house on 1/22... just 10 days from now. And the lender decides to inform me *today* that they're gonna need me to amend my 2013 tax return.
Fuck, dude. Fuck that. That shit sucks.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I actually don't. PM me if you have someone good, right now I'm just wading through the sea of online lenders seeing who will put the best offer in front of me.

Currently at 4.625% and looking to get closer to or under 4%. Methinks I should be doing better than I am.
Seriously? If you have good credit you should be getting sub-4% for a 30-year.
800+ when i checked last week. Big reason I got pegged with a higher rate from the get go is because I didn't have a large down payment. It was the price I had to pay.
Check out https://costcofinance.com/ . I personally went with Bank of America because they had a slightly better deal on a "doctor loan", but Costco Finance/Homebridge was willing to play in the 90% LTV jumbo loan court whereas many others weren't.

For the record I did 90% LTV, jumbo 30 year fixed @ 3.875% with negative one point (one point-ish back to me towards closing costs) and no PMI.

In "today" news I sat at the old house for a solid 5 hours as a team of two cleaners booked through Amazon Home Services cleaned it up from top to bottom. They can't be clearing more than minimum wage after the agency and Amazon fees are taken out from what I paid! (After figuring that out and seeing their work I tipped them about 35%.)

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Check out https://costcofinance.com/ . I personally went with Bank of America because they had a slightly better deal on a "doctor loan", but Costco Finance/Homebridge was willing to play in the 90% LTV jumbo loan court whereas many others weren't.

For the record I did 90% LTV, jumbo 30 year fixed @ 3.875% with negative one point (one point-ish back to me towards closing costs) and no PMI.

In "today" news I sat at the old house for a solid 5 hours as a team of two cleaners booked through Amazon Home Services cleaned it up from top to bottom. They can't be clearing more than minimum wage after the agency and Amazon fees are taken out from what I paid! (After figuring that out and seeing their work I tipped them about 35%.)
I might have to check into this...I would love to dump the PMI and drop our rate. We are currently at 4.5% right now and about 20Kish short of 20% equity on a jumbo loan. I really just want to get a good (even the same we got now) rate and dump the PMI, but rate drop would be icing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Put out RFQs for a large machined steel part. Local machine shop quoted on it, got a PO, ordered the requisite material, and ONLY AFTER THE MATERIAL SHOWED up realized it's too big to fit on their mill, and they can't do it.

For fucks sake.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's called move and re-indicate. Or take the job and sub it out and make money for doing nothing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It's called move and re-indicate. Or take the job and sub it out and make money for doing nothing.
If they can't figure that out, I don't want them having anything to do with my parts.

Also, the quoting process went through our planning department, who are supposed to know the capabilities of the local shops.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

The cleaner suggested to me by my realtor charged $25.00 an hour and provided her own cleaning everything, all I had to do was move the fridge and stove. She did 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, kitchen, living and dining room in 4 hours. My relocation minimum self direct benefit was $400, meaning they would advance the full amount on estimate without a competitive bid. I got the new place cleaned 2 times last year for the balance, she feels she clears $15 an hour after expenses and taxes and never has to advertise due referrals. I've referred her services to everyone I know who is moving our getting ready to list.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Put out RFQs for a large machined steel part. Local machine shop quoted on it, got a PO, ordered the requisite material, and ONLY AFTER THE MATERIAL SHOWED up realized it's too big to fit on their mill, and they can't do it.

For fucks sake.
About 52x54x3", in steel.
Large square parts are rare. Most machines have one long axis. This will need a long short axis. Purchasing tard, and shop tard probably only looked at long axis abilities.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Large square parts are rare. Most machines have one long axis. This will need a long short axis. Purchasing tard, and shop tard probably only looked at long axis abilities.
I assume that's how it happened too.

They're still morons.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would submit that all things that are not squares have one long and one short axis.

Circles.

Anyway most CNC machines typically have a long X axis that is significantly longer than the Y or Z, with the exception of smaller Horizontal machines, which are small. This is primarily driven by the cost and complexity of building a rigid machine. Usually one axis can be rather rigid with little impact from length as it is the base or foundation of the machine.