Quantcast

¿¿¿¿¿_monday gfmt_?????

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
yea, see above post. like 3 months now. probably will be for the remainder of the year. i have one of those jobs & bosses where they don't really care what hours i'm working as long as i'm not missing important meetings and am hitting my deliverables.
So if you're anything like me, and it seems like you are work-wise, you've taken the equivalent of 30 PTO days off by now.

If not, you're WFH wrong.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So if you're anything like me, and it seems like you are work-wise, you've taken the equivalent of 30 PTO days off by now.

If not, you're WFH wrong.
probably not that much, but i got assigned a project earlier this year that turned out to be like 3 projects. it was way underscoped for my function by the project manager. my manager is aware of this but our group is perpetually understaffed so there's nothing that can be done.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i hope you used a nail gun.
No shit.

Why no paint prior to install?
Caulk, fill and face off w/ no cutting in needed.
Painted prior, but my saw will only cut past 45* one direction. There is a decent amount of scuffing from the painted side rubbing the saw back brace. Our walls are far from straight (lots of waviness), so I ended up having to nail it into damn near every stud to keep the tops reasonably close to the wall. I'll have a decent amount of fill on top of caulk to do.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ahhh... gotta love that $750K tract housing. Fucking home builders... :D
Bitch, please. Do you think I live in Backcountry? They were only $175k when they were build in 1993. It was $600k 3 years ago.:banghead:

And some of the shit we've found...

I think I've got Wifey on board with giving up my side of the garage so that I can build a proper shop w/ workbench (table saw, bike shop, etc.)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
make that wfh shit permenant if you can....patio drinking while working is the best....
Noted. And while possible (a lot of the team I'll work with is distributed) I also know the new Director of UX and Design is looking to HQ the entire design team (for all products/projects) in the Denver area so... we'll see. If this position could eventually be 100% remote (maybe with 1-3 office visits per month) it sure would make moving to the mountains a lot easier.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
50k road ride this evening by myself. Strange how you some days are flying and like tonight the legs felt like bricks. Still a good ride on a beautiful summer night. No doubt mtb is more fun but sometimes the simplicity of a road ride is nice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
50k road ride this evening by myself. Strange how you some days are flying and like tonight the legs felt like bricks. Still a good ride on a beautiful summer night. No doubt mtb is more fun but sometimes the simplicity of a road ride is nice.
i did 12.7 miles in a little under 2 hours yesterday with 1400' of vertical. timewise that's decent for me but i felt like a sack of potatoes.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
we're almost halfway through the year and i've only used 2 days of PTO.
I’ve used 4 days through June 1, but am running against an institutional limit on carryover leave (about 44 working days) so will take at least 2-3 per month going forward.
Nah. She's pretty sold on the permanence of this one.
/me makes a note to check back in a year
So do I. I don't have the fixings.
but, kraut makes for a darn good dawg.
Snake River Farms’ American wagyu hot dogs are excellent.

Oh, I rode Mountain Lion slowly this morning. Socially distanced buddy was a sonographer from work. She’s on her first season of riding (so 2-3 months in, on a crappy 3 x 7 hardtail Cannondale, no dropper, of course). I figured she’d be up for the challenge despite being a n00b since she and her husband are avid backcountry skier types.

I was right in my judgment. She rode maybe 95% of it on the way down, had a nice over the bars leap to sticking the landing on two feet, and came out of it saying it had been fun.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No one even knows what's in a hot dog or what animal it pretends to have been scraped from, it shouldn't come from a fancy brand.

Sausages however I tend to want to know vaguely what I might be eating.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Jamie with whom I had a falling out with a few years ago. Called me out of the Blue and asked me if I could help him get his bike up and running. So I did. It was cool. I fixed his bike and got him back up and running. I didn't take his money after he let me drive his Porsche. It was GT I-Drive. I serviced the Eccentric. Pain in the ass...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Our meek grey cat left yet another baby bunny on the back deck. This time with about 1/3 of its face eaten off. Cats are messed up fuckers. :panic:
I watched a magpie peck a baby bunny to death then proceed to eat it the other day. Screaming baby bunny... :cray:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Our meek grey cat left yet another baby bunny on the back deck. This time with about 1/3 of its face eaten off. Cats are messed up fuckers. :panic:
our cat leaves us "presents" on the doorstep on the regular. baby bunnies, baby squirrels, birds, mice, chipmunks, voles. dude's a killah. one of our dogs dug up and killed a mole last week. our place is like a regular chamber of horrors.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Do you guys worship bunnies out in Colorado or something? Because they are generally considered pests here along with groundhogs.
my older brothers first rhodesian ridgeback cornered a rabbit in his yard.....first time for the dog and that screaming freaked him out....he stopped and was looking around like what the fuck....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the war movie the big red one only further proves that mark hamill could never act.