Quantcast

¿¿¿¿monday gfmt¿¿¿¿

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
holy fuck, this is the hardest rain yet. the whole bay area is under a flood warning. We were dry all day Sunday and it only started raining at 6pm. NWS says the front is stalled right on top of us. It's going to be hell doing my job today.

rainfall since 6pm last night

mlk.jpg

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Finally ordered a new FF helmet after I destroyed my old (well not really that old) one at the end of last season. Jesus how the prices have went up.

Outside of that a pretty chill day.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You can’t mention you got a new helmut and not tell us what you got. . .
A poc coron. Wanted to get a 100% Aircraft 2 but got in too late and missed last year model sales. Also I no longer buy expensive FF helmets as I have destroyed 2 of them. Nothing really fancy but I like POC customer support and they stuff fits me well.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
We've lost our apprentice again, don't think it has anything to do with his recently welded diff but he is a man child of mystery.
Turns out you can no longer fire people if they just don't show up, weird.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello peoples

weird MLK schedule here: fully staffed from the attending side, residents staffed like it's a holiday, and no outpatients scheduled but quite a few having been scanned Friday night through last night. hmph

at least I get a comp day for it to use later, same with Presidents Day

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Gee, look what happens when we destroy wetlands and other natural watercourses.
Except at the bridges these watercourses have not been fucked with. They meander all over and in some areas the flood plain is hundreds of feet wide. They are the drainage for all the local grassland hillsides and are part of the Alameda Creek drainage which is protected due to the endangered Salmon and Steelhead populations

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
This sucks, tired all day but I'm good at 2AM.
I have to get up in four hours and I don't feel like I'll be getting to sleep for a while yet.
There'll be muscle spasms and maybe cramps to look forward to in the next day or two, yay.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lazy day. still sitting around drinking coffee. need to clean the kitchen. fondue last night was tasty. sous vide carne asada tonight. chocolate fondue for dessert per kids request. gonna get on the roof to get the last of the Xmas lights down. gonna hit the climbing gym again since kids are off school. might try to trainer or rowing machine.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha got there, bubba! I've got the MLK Day off from work. Slept in, then ran 5 miles in some cold wind. Hot tun after warmed me right up.

I've got to start hitting the hard workouts again and will be begin with a tough workout on the kickr this afternoon while trying to pay attention to Alice in Borderland.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
made the last-minute call to get out for a lunch ski on the local trail they are grooming near me. it was incredible out :
1673894470097.png

1673894531910.png

this is smack in the middle of downtown... I find it very cool.

in other news, my skate technique is getting better, but I'm getting to the point where I now have even more questions... maybe it's time for a personal lesson. or my kids can teach me!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Gee, look what happens when we destroy wetlands and other natural watercourses.
it rains?

Except at the bridges these watercourses have not been fucked with.
To be fair there's almost nothing in the central valley and bay area and beyond that hasn't been fucked with. All LONG before the endagered species act was even a glimmer in some millionaire's eye.

These are not the natural shapes of an organically formed delta, or the paths of a 'natural' creek that haven't been build up to protect structures.

alameda.JPG

alamedasatellite.JPG

Last edited: