Quantcast

¿Dirgeday GMT?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I'll join the "appliance gripe" thread in a year when my home warranty expires... I've been busy all morning, partly due to the slow performance of some others. Hmph.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Was dorking around the internutz last night and came across this old pic of me racing "back in the day" - dude up front but probably not for long. Good old ACS Z rims and my ape like arms that could never fit into any jersey gave it away - remind me to not tuck in said jersey any more:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This. (Although I would totally rock a 29er for a race bike)
I actually like my current 27.5 bike more than any other I've owned in my 30yrs of mtb. That's likey down to geo more than wheel size though.

I'm your size and I look like a clown on 26.
27.5 just looks right on larger frames imo.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I still have my supergoose race bike. Should probably let the boy ride it, my back certainly won't let me, and pick up a 26 cruiser to shadow him. Sadly I think I'm losing him to skateboarding.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I actually like my current 27.5 bike more than any other I've owned in my 30yrs of mtb. That's likey down to geo more than wheel size though.
I feel the same way but at this point I am past complaining about tire size. Seems like there are good bike with all sizes.

Rode last night. Started out slow but all of sudden felt great and I was able to push hard until I got a cramp in my leg from not drinking any water for 1.5 hour ride. Woke up with sore legs which was great.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I'm your size and I look like a clown on 26.
27.5 just looks right on larger frames imo.
Clown? I look like a god damned gorilla riding a kid's bike.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good afternoon.
I saw Nick and Stoney last night. They helped me move (mostly I just heckled and flirted with my realtor while they did all the work) and grabbed some dinner afterwards.

Otherwise work.

Fuck The Man.
Eschew The Man™

On a side note, I let Evan drive the M, albeit briefly last night. He needed to give it more gas and not short shift. I'll let him comment though.
On a side note, Stoney let me drive the ///M last night, and it was real neat. I've been driving trucks for the last nearly 20 years so a "performance" automobile is a foreign concept to me. Despite my lack of throttle gusto and propensity to short-shift that bad larry, it's a dope car. I look forward to being allowed to drive it during daylight hours and dry conditions.

Mine turned out to be 20 'till 16.
18 and life to go!

I look like a goddamned monkey fvcking a football.
FTFY.

given the three words he typed i would think that describes most fat bike rides?
Well, no, it doesn't.

From maybe the turn of the century through March 2013 I would have been out there on a bike with 2.2 inch tires, studded in the later years.

If you're real lucky, perhaps someday you will learn the simple joy of turning pedals and getting lost.

And, I actually suspect that you have already learned it and are simply giving me shit; happy new year!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If you're real lucky, perhaps someday you will learn the simple joy of turning pedals and getting lost.

And, I actually suspect that you have already learned it and are simply giving me shit; happy new year!
cycling and me....to quote dave chapelle....the milks gone bad!

happy new year to you good sir!