Quantcast

<×<× Friday GMT ×>×>

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
early rise today due to child.

but meh, whatever. Its a cool clear crisp day. I'll take it. I'll likely bike over to the bike shop to pick up my Defrosters at lunch today.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I had a great fall ride yesterday, saw plenty of deer and took the go pro to video the good bits. While riding I ran into a guy named Henry who is responsible for many of trails people like the most. He "invited" me to help strike a new trail this Saturday but I told him I was super lazy.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Went hard on yesterday's ride. Finally feeling good enough to start motoring both the ups and downs. A little bit of video for your Friday viewing pleasures. Don't kid yourself, all rocks were added in post. We all know this was little more than a bike path.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Got up at 5am this morning to try to help out one of my users; laptop in bed type of deal. F' that noise though, didn't end up going back to sleep. That'll be my excuse for leaving early this afternoon.

Sounds like there will be a great adventurous ride tomorrow in the hills and then I'm working on another good ride on Sunday, with a buddy who has ridden maybe 3 times this year. Guy is the fastest dude I know on a bike, but his shit has hit the fan lately so his bikes have not been used.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
work from home. dental cleaning @ 1245. trying to pick up a little, maybe get the brew gear out and setup in prep to brew after kid goes to bed tonight.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ten miles with mini me in the trailer yesterday, he lives riding in the trailer. Was supposed to be hunting today but sitter, aka grandpa, is sick so I am home with the man child. It's all good, I took the weekend off and will be out in the am, Monday and Wednesday.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin!

Went hard on yesterday's ride. Finally feeling good enough to start motoring both the ups and downs. A little bit of video for your Friday viewing pleasures. Don't kid yourself, all rocks were added in post. We all know this was little more than a bike path.

I'm going to dump the chesty for a helmet mount... anyhow, rocky. :)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

Amazing how rocky Green Mountain can look with a head camera.

:D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I need to get busy with my walk in freezer...there's a heard of elk surrounding my home right now...dozens of the tasty buggers.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

This morning started with yet another flood of "Please remove me" messages from yesterday. People, step away from the "reply all" button. Nobody on this list has the ability to remove just you from this list as it includes a group you also belong to.

Why is this hard for people to understand?

FTS Friday is in full swing. On a lighter note, I got a Starbucks card from a project manager for my effort to save his horrible project. I don't go to Starbucks, but I can appreciate the thought since it came out of his own pocket. I thought it was cool.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Boss man decided 3 boxes of bagels for the usual Friday offering was too generous. Today, we got 2.5 boxes. I'm sure his bonus will reflect the profit. If he was really sharp, he'd monitor the company PTO software for approved vacation requests and adjust each week's order accordingly.

Got stuck in traffic behind this genius.
image.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mornin!

There are far more rocks on that trail than I remember. Also, about 20 seconds in is when my tire blew off, which is how we kill rims.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Why did that smooth trail have so much camera shake, @Adventurous ? :D Always interesting to see others' lines on a familiar stretch. Biggest difference I saw was that I straighten out (and steepen) the chute after the drop near the end by going far right at first.

Wife and I filled our ballots last night and dropped 'em off today. We also dropped off several dozen pieces of clothing to donate (hers and kids, of course) at Goodwill.

We also donated my floor jack, my trusty Craftsman 2.5 ton low profile jobber that had seen me through many an autocross wheel swap. Why? Even at full extension it doesn't lift my tall Land Cruiser at all, and her car is of the no spare variety so no point having a jack.

Rather than spending an eternity using the Land Cruiser's bottle jack I'm at Discount Tire, where they're mounting the winter tire-shod wheels for free.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rather than spending an eternity using the Land Cruiser's bottle jack I'm at Discount Tire, where they're mounting the winter tire-shod wheels for free.
Do you know something about the next 3 weeks+ of weather that the rest of us don't? :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
stuffed veal sandwich from italian deli for lunch. then on to bike shop to acquire my Specialized Defroster shoes (damn those summbitches's expensive... they better give my piggies individual little bjs all along the ride for that price...). then espresso at home, with beans roasted on tuesday. not a bad lunch.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do you know something about the next 3 weeks+ of weather that the rest of us don't? :D
Winter is coming. I'm hoping for the first weekend up on the slopes about a month from now and I knew Discount Tire would be a madhouse when the forecast shows snow.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Boss man decided 3 boxes of bagels for the usual Friday offering was too generous. Today, we got 2.5 boxes. I'm sure his bonus will reflect the profit. If he was really sharp, he'd monitor the company PTO software for approved vacation requests and adjust each week's order accordingly.

Got stuck in traffic behind this genius.
View attachment 123798[/QUOTE ] Awesome plate. Yesterday I saw a Jeeb
Booze, beans, and meat = lunch

Have a good weekend bitches
Noon time came and I was already out the door... its good to be the boss on Fridays. :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
stuffed veal sandwich from italian deli for lunch. then on to bike shop to acquire my Specialized Defroster shoes (damn those summbitches's expensive... they better give my piggies individual little bjs all along the ride for that price...). then espresso at home, with beans roasted on tuesday. not a bad lunch.
i've found proper winter shoes to be worth every fucking cent. my first pair were lake mxz303's. had such good luck with them i also got the 145's for fall & spring.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I haven't been to work or done anything work related today, besides discussing other potential jobs. That trumps even leaving at noon, IMO.