Quantcast

+×+ Thursday is garbage day +×+

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Blowing out rear spokes halfway through a ~1600ft descent when you've reached the rocky stuff = kill list.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
For the record - descended LotB this morning and there wasn't a SINGLE other trail user on it all the way to the creek. :yu:
On Monday from the top of Belcher to the bottom gate I came across 3 hikers (2 + 1, both on the bottom stretch after the lower creek) and 1 biker (on Whippletree). It was amazing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are definitely ways to get to either location by bike. The one I'd really like, (because it's 12 miles but should "only" take about 45 mins to drive) has limited bike paths and you have to switch between road and sidewalk so you don't die. The estimated time is an hour for that one. I could do the ride to the Bellevue location in 50-60 mins... same thing with bike paths. We are just the armpit of the Puget Sound over here. We live where the two major freeways meet, but for some reason, are the most ignored for public transit and bike safety. Also recently saw a report that said with the rate of real estate growth in the area, we have no hope of ever correcting it. It's just going to continue to get worse. I may have to alter my plans of moving when the kid graduates to ASAP!
Most of the bike lanes/trails in seattle are retired trolly and train tracks that were necessary before cars were common. I suspect your corner of the world was primarily developed post automobile.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy two questions, #1 applies to anyone who has rode in the area mentioned below...maybe @Toshi has been there prior to the move?:

1: Have you rode Sun Mountain area in Winthrop? We are headed there this weekend. My boys each get a new bike. I have a broken derailleur.... guess they'll probably need the handicap since I'm the only one who's been riding all summer!! :weee:

2: Buffalo wants to know if you are Westy because you have a Westy (I know you have a blue VW, but, like, is a a Cabrio?), or due to your geographical location. If it is the former, pics please
@Westy two questions, #1 applies to anyone who has rode in the area mentioned below...maybe @Toshi has been there prior to the move?:

1: Have you rode Sun Mountain area in Winthrop? We are headed there this weekend. My boys each get a new bike. I have a broken derailleur.... guess they'll probably need the handicap since I'm the only one who's been riding all summer!! :weee:

2: Buffalo wants to know if you are Westy because you have a Westy (I know you have a blue VW, but, like, is a a Cabrio?), or due to your geographical location. If it is the former, pics please
Have not ridden that particular neck of the woods.

As Toshi mentiones I own no westy but have a nice new blue VW Aaaargh and a 50 year old Volvo wagoon.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Blowing out rear spokes halfway through a ~1600ft descent when you've reached the rocky stuff = kill list.
apparently i fuxxored my rear derailleur at the bike park on sunday-it would randomly lock forward and drop my chain behind the cassette multiple times today, often as i was descending through rocky chunk. new rear derailleur procured otw home. fortunately i am cheap and still run 10sp so it wasn’t too pricey

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I rode at Sun Mountain about 10 years ago. It was great fall singletrack! It was all xc oriented trails but it was a fun day, for sure.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
First contact with the Sow after I killed Cindy Loo. She grabbed my leg. I could feel her teeth. I was scared. She let go. I felt if I tried to pull away she would have fucked me up. Getting stomped is no fun. She gave me kisses and licked my leg before I fed her (Corn,lettuce, leeks, and oats...). I am the only one allowed to touch the piglets it seems.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
whoa I am wiped out. All out effort on the road bike for almost 2 hours. 30.7 miles in 1:52 with a 16.33 average. It was really windy, I was leaned over in the drops in the crosswinds and definitely on the drops into the head winds. Its been a long time since I have been a post ride endorphin Zombie...wheee