Quantcast

æØă Monkeyfest Thursday ăØæ

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Another workday like the others which is a good opportunity to rest my legs for this afternoon's ride which will be in the 90s at 8% humidity, Saturday is supposed be our first day in the hundreds.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Balls hot again. Last night's ride was a success, I broke'm, 1/2 of the group gave up after a few miles.
Looks like I am the only stupid person who came to the office today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

One of those nights last night where I intended to do so much but was quickly halted by a healthy sized hornet nest in a non-used dryer vent in the vicinity. So instead I sprayed the nest and watched in awe as they all tumbled out of the pipe ready to fight. Unfortunately for them I won the forever round.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey lol. I ran 90 minutes of FTS before work. It was warm and humid and I was tired and sluggish. I was supposed to do 2 x 15 minutes at a hard effort but I didn't bother trying those. Today's victory was just finishing the full 90 minutes when I wanted to quit after 30. 11.3 miles total at 7:55 avg pace.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Reverb shit the bed last night on my ride. Time for it's 5th rebuild. Does the bike Industry have a Lemon Law?
Yes. It's called a shop that you are friendly with. Most will call in a warranty claim and SRAM just sends out a new post. After 5 failures, they'll want to get you sorted out.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Another successful 6am ride. Took it a little easier today and legs felt great and I felt really good riding to work. Hopefully I will get to ride a little when in Denmark.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Yes. It's called a shop that you are friendly with. Most will call in a warranty claim and SRAM just sends out a new post. After 5 failures, they'll want to get you sorted out.
My local shop and I are quite tight. I just have to pay for the labor. It is still $$$ and a pain in the ass.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Its a new day and there is lots to do. Looking forward to a lazy float down the river this weekend and some camping. The wife scored a Cabelas 8 man tent for $40 that had never been used. Why we need an 8 man tent for her and I still escapes me, but I think she plans on a full queen size air mattress. :rofl:

She says we will have a trailer next year. Roughing it we are not.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Warranty from RS is to send a new one out. Labor can't be that much for a 30min call.
Sram hasn't offered to replace the post. They have sent out 4 IFP's and new rebuild kits every time so far. What I am paying for is the labor to rebuild and re-set the new IFP. With the amount of Reverb problems out there, I assume that Sram can't be replacing every post that has the IFP move and causes the post to have that vertical movement in it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sram hasn't offered to replace the post. They have sent out 4 IFP's and new rebuild kits every time so far. What I am paying for is the labor to rebuild and re-set the new IFP. With the amount of Reverb problems out there, I assume that Sram can't be replacing every post that has the IFP move and causes the post to have that vertical movement in it.
That blows. The rebuild process isn't that hard, just the tools necessary. Depending on how much they are charging you, I can always drop my tools into a box and send them up to you. I have all the tools with exception of the shaft clamp for the vice.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Just wanted to say heeeyyy!
Been doing a little of this, a little of that, and a lot of enjoying my busy summer! Saw Sublime w/Rome,Dirty Heads, and Tribal Seeds over the weekend and still can't stop listening to them! I love reggae. I love lamp. Let's ride.
:dance:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I did something terrible to my neck/left shoulder in my sleep last night. So uncomfortable..... I had planned on ride today but wife went into freak out mode over impending school start, so shes at school doing class prep and me and the kiddo are sitting it out at home. Also found out the the wife's grandmother passed yesterday morning, but wife's relationship with her mom is..problematic, so that's a huge stressor right now. We might or might not be making an emergency trip to cali. I'm guessing were not going, but i'm not going to sleep real easy until it's sure.

One of those nights last night where I intended to do so much but was quickly halted by a healthy sized hornet nest in a non-used dryer vent in the vicinity. So instead I sprayed the nest and watched in awe as they all tumbled out of the pipe ready to fight. Unfortunately for them I won the forever round.
I spent a goodly portion of yesterday afternoon fighting a pair of nests I found. One of them is gigantic. Fuck those things.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
8th day in a row on the bike, whether commuting or actually climbing hills. Time to go discuss peoples' liver masses.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I did something terrible to my neck/left shoulder in my sleep last night. So uncomfortable..... I had planned on ride today but wife went into freak out mode over impending school start, so shes at school doing class prep and me and the kiddo are sitting it out at home. Also found out the the wife's grandmother passed yesterday morning, but wife's relationship with her mom is..problematic, so that's a huge stressor right now. We might or might not be making an emergency trip to cali. I'm guessing were not going, but i'm not going to sleep real easy until it's sure.

I spent a goodly portion of yesterday afternoon fighting a pair of nests I found. One of them is gigantic. Fuck those things.

Those things terrify me. After dodging them for part of the night and watching how pissed off they were rolling out of that vent, I had nightmares of them crawling all over me and slept poorly because of it. Guess they had the last laugh.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Figured out there is a BikeTown on 24th and Thurman. I was thinking I can drive to NW, park in residential parking, then hop a bike to the office. While I could totally put my bike in the back of the truck, the car isn't an option for hauling a bike and this should work out awesome. It's $12 a month for 90 minutes of ride time a day and unlimited trips. There is a rack in front of the office, I could ride in and back in less than 30 min including parking and whatnot.

While riding to work fully isn't an option until we move, this could be and save me about $240 a month in parking.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Reverb shit the bed last night on my ride. Time for it's 5th rebuild. Does the bike Industry have a Lemon Law?
I gave my Reverb 2 warranty replacements before I said adios. Sram was sending me new posts. The LEV lasted about as long as the Reverb. The X fusion hilo has worked the longest for me, and was the cheapest. Now have 60 miles on the 9point8 175mm and finding it finicky but showing promise.

Last edited:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I gave my Reverb 2 warranty replacements before I said adios. Sram was sending me new posts. The LEV lasted about as long as the Reverb. The X fusion hilo has worked the longest for me, and was the cheapest. Now have 60 miles on the 9point8 175mm and finding it finicky but showing promise.
I have a friend on the new Crank Bros. post and he has been having really good luck with it. The Transfer looks promising as well.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
F@ck I am old. While I admit I have yet to ride a bike with a dropper post, it still seems like such a lux item. Like wireless derailleurs. But I also don't jack with my seat that much. I put it up for the climb, and down for the downhill. I put it somewhere in the middle for the stuff in the middle. :rofl:

But I still run tubes and 26" wheels. :panic:

<edit> And a 9 speed. :D

<edit2> Maybe I'll hold out for the bluetooth dropper seat that just "knows" where I want my seat.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
F@ck I am old. While I admit I have yet to ride a bike with a dropper post, it still seems like such a lux item. Like wireless derailleurs. But I also don't jack with my seat that much. I put it up for the climb, and down for the downhill. I put it somewhere in the middle for the stuff in the middle. :rofl:

<edit2> Maybe I'll hold out for the bluetooth dropper seat that just "knows" where I want my seat.
Give 'em a shot. They are really, really nice, and I took a while to come to terms with them. (New bike came with one, and that was deliberate.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

honestly, i thought droppers were gimmicky until i tried one. now i wanna put one on my xc hardtail.

the new fox dropper is on my radar. i think they nailed the pricing on it too.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I do need a new bike, I just have to figure out how to convince the wife. :panic:

That seems like a legit setup. I need to check the lbs and see what they have to play with. Sub $2500 would make it easier to swallow, too. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Those things terrify me. After dodging them for part of the night and watching how pissed off they were rolling out of that vent, I had nightmares of them crawling all over me and slept poorly because of it. Guess they had the last laugh.
Laughing and dead, terrified but alive... I'm gonna go with still breathing.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande