Quantcast

üüüüüü Monday GTM éééééé

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i can't even fake it anymore. the other week i asked my boss when it was my turn to get fired. i don't think she realized i wasn't joking.
Did some planning a few months ago and realized I only need to work for about 5 more years, however a little longer would be better. But I also realized I don't need this job, any engineering gig would do. Interestingly this coincided with me actually enjoying work for the first time in a while.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I borked my own travel plans. So, instead of flying to Warsaw IN today, I am at home with my dogs adjusting the valves on my old Trooper after the recent cylinder head swap…

Might ride later too, but legs are still a little tired from yesterday. Perhaps it’s time to finally check the local pump track. That’ll be easy on the legs, right?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Did some planning a few months ago and realized I only need to work for about 5 more years, however a little longer would be better. But I also realized I don't need this job, any engineering gig would do. Interestingly this coincided with me actually enjoying work for the first time in a while.
what is the solution to the early retirement health insurance riddle

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
what is the solution to the early retirement health insurance riddle
Got insurance quotes, not as bad as I thought.

Tentative plan is stay here for 5 years and then perhaps see if there is a fun job out there I could do just for insurance. Then fully check out at 60. But could probably move to someplace less expensive and check out at 55.

Also found out that the medicine that would cost me $8000/month can be purchased in Canada for $500.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hey, me too!

Wife and I were #vanlife since Thursday. Both got in some rowdy MTB and our effed thumb/wrist/forearm injuries didn't slow us down, which was awesome news. There was also some good fishin', but the plan to hike Mt Elbert fell through so we'll need to plan that one again in the future.
Me and the girl child hiked Mt. Sherman the other day, you can see Elbert to the west from the path and peak. Was talking to a guy who did Elbert the day prior...its on the list for fall methinks.