Quantcast

Ĥawk is howling derpĤ

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
In laws here for 1.5 more weeks. Hopefully there will be much riding and beer drinking this weekend since we have extra hands on deck to help with the kids. About to get my ass handed to me at work for the next 10 hours. Aaannndd go!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Call me a sucker, but I am eagerly awaiting a pair of Pedaling Innovations flat pedals.

Dropped off kid's BOX crabon fork at bike shop yesterday due to recall (steerer disconnects from fork, yay bonding) - ridiculous process as bike shop had to positively ID serial # on fork (like as opposed to me sending pic or fork to them). BOX wouldn't have it any other way. Shop buds and me agree that if's needed in the future, I should just come in and use their phone to call.

Kid had pink eye yesterday and we got into a fascinating conversation on space, our planet's formation and evolutionary biology while waiting for Dr.. Really interesting to the point that we got home and checked out the newly discovered exo planets. We went on to discussing nicotine at the pharmacy...he wanted to buy nicotine gum, so we had the drug talk there! :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is this the GMT? Then call it the GMT, ffs.

Hello, friends! lol Masters swim before work. Swimming with the paddles is frikkin tiring on my arms. :dead:

I got a BOX yesterday! :monkeydance: I still need tires and a cassette.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Younger child still waking up bigly. She slept on my chest in a very cuddly fashion for the last half hour or so, though, no doubt her subconscious attempt at redemption.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Pulled my truck topper last night and listed it for sale. Man are those things unwieldy. Going to pick up a taller one this morning so there is more room for activities in the bed. :thumb:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Got the front done last night with the exception of 1 exhaust spacer that I didn't have the energy to deal with at the end of the night. Going to finish that right after work, then proceed to the back end. Getting near the home stretch.

Whacked my head pretty good with the handle of my torque wrench when tightening one of the control arm bolts. 125ft-lbs + awkward position + slipping off bolt head = ouch.

upload_2017-3-2_9-21-43.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got the front done last night with the exception of 1 exhaust spacer that I didn't have the energy to deal with at the end of the night. Going to finish that right after work, then proceed to the back end. Getting near the home stretch.

Whacked my head pretty good with the handle of my torque wrench when tightening one of the control arm bolts. 125ft-lbs + awkward position + slipping off bolt head = ouch.

View attachment 124806
Do you have a tribal tattoo and guido hair too? Possibly spent time in the Army? Just asking for... research purposes.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Meetings went well. Trying to taper back off 2 cups of coffee per day and I have had a constant headache for 3 days. Ugh.
*edited because of @Nick

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Sucker!

No, wait. I seriously want to know what you think of those.
Anticipating your feedback.
Truth be told, I will use these on my BMX race bike more than my MTB but I will give it a go on them and will provide feedback. Ran clipless last year racing BMX after a 12 year layoff and did not enjoy myself.

Funny thing on price - they're way cheaper than the DMR Vaults I run on my cruiser and MTB, but are also about 200 g heavier.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't know......are you a douchebag? Ya know, what with the BMW and all.

We can all play the ///Stereotype game. :)
Just the wheels. Both here and in CA, that style are the douchey wheels. And yes, I'm kind of a douche with a BMW, depending on who you talk with. But then again, everybody will offend somebody.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
He's 77% asshole. A real fucking bastard. Next to him, King Joffrey is like the Pope. He's the person that everyone hates at the movies, on public transportation, and in shops. He's a first class asshole.
:clapping:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kid had pink eye yesterday and we got into a fascinating conversation on space, our planet's formation and evolutionary biology while waiting for Dr.. Really interesting to the point that we got home and checked out the newly discovered exo planets. We went on to discussing nicotine at the pharmacy...he wanted to buy nicotine gum, so we had the drug talk there! :D
big E is cracking me up :rofl: sounds like a smart dude

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Just the wheels. Both here and in CA, that style are the douchey wheels. And yes, I'm kind of a douche with a BMW, depending on who you talk with. But then again, everybody will offend somebody.
Not sure why/how those are considered douchey, but whatever floats your boat. Around here, 20" rims with fake beadlocks and tires with no sidewall is douchey. These are 17" matte black alloys with plastic center caps to hide the lugs. Pretty understated, if you ask me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got to look at a couple cars yesterday, looking at one today. One thing I love about looking at this level of used car is the folks you meet selling them. I met the owner of the lot yesterday and he was an interesting dude. His lot is across the street from Devil's Point (semi landmark strip joint due to the odd corner and shape of building). It is an interesting location for a used car lot. I was a gas station many many years ago with garage/shop so it makes sense.

I might troll 82nd on my bike this weekend if I can't decide. Car salesmen treat you different when you pull up on a bike vs a Corvette. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

View attachment 124806
i'll buy you a present to celebrate. what's your address? also, do you prefer tapout, affliction, monster energy, or mossy oak t-shirts?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Me next, me next.....

I have a stock 02 expedition
And a stock 03 Dakota....
What's that make me?
Somebody who uses their car as an appliance instead of an extension of themselves? I believe the 'how douchey' conversation would be driven by your gun habit.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
big E is cracking me up :rofl: sounds like a smart dude
Kind of blew me away, IMHO. We were in the "space room" at his Dr, and it all started by me mentioning that essentially our planet and us by extension are all made of "star dust" and matter from the universe. I think I am reading too much Liu Cixin "hard science fiction" recently!

I have to bug my pal Chris who teaches evolutionary biology... I was horrible at explaining the jump from bacteria to fishes (we live in a hot spot of Devonian era fossils) to amphibians to dinosaurs to dudes. Let alone Jesus on a T-Rex!

Last edited: