Quantcast

Ĥawk is howling derpĤ

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kind of blew me away, IMHO. We were in the "space room" at his Dr, and it all started by me mentioning that essentially our planet and us an an extension are all made of "star dust" and matter from the universe. I think I am reading too much Liu Cixin "hard science fiction" recently!

I have to bug my pal Chris who teaches evolutionary biology... I was horrible at explaining the jump from bacteria to fishes (we live in a hot spot of Devonian era fossils) to amphibians to dinosaurs to dudes. Let alone Jesus on a T-Rex!

stoke that fire man. ignite the passion for science now.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'll offer myself on the chopping block:

2012 Toyota RAV4 EV
2007 Toyota Land Cruiser

What does this make me? A conflicted Japanophile?

The funny part is that there's apparently another dude in Denver who has this same combo, a 100 series LC and a RAV4 EV. This is doubly uncommon since the EV was only sold in California so both of us went way out of our way to end up with such a garage.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Eyeball dissection = great success. It was super fun to watch the kids. Typical reactions I suppose. Daughter was full "eeewwwwww......" for pretty much the whole thing, which I expected. I guess medical professional of any sort is probably not in her future. What was really fun though is one of her little friends was totally into it. Lots of "that's so cool!" and wanting to see and touch all the parts of the eye as they came out. She was already talking about how excited she was to do a heart next year. She'll either be a great doc someday, or a serial killer.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Douchey from the standpoint of how he collects and customizes his guns. Not that he has them, which I support entirely.
That made me laugh. To be totally honest, all but one is totally stock, the Mauser is just fun. The wife's rifle has a Boyd's stick but you can't really call that custom more of an upgrade.

Now my ammunition on the other hand..... Yes, each rifle gets custom ammunition tunes specifically for it. It's fun going all science and mathematics to make the perfect cartridge for a rifle

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yay, may have found a winner. '04 Nissan Sentra with 104k. Sentra has a timing chain rather than belt and seems to be less prone to randomness while not being too obscure to obtain parts for.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Not sure why/how those are considered douchey, but whatever floats your boat. Around here, 20" rims with fake beadlocks and tires with no sidewall is douchey. These are 17" matte black alloys with plastic center caps to hide the lugs. Pretty understated, if you ask me.
I had no idea tires and wheels had such social significance... I winder what my stamped steel rims and all season radials say about me?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
WHAT????? My Dakota friggin rocks. It has only ever needed regular maintenance and tires. It's great, a 318 and a manual trans.....Goes anywhere
I learned to drive in a high school friends 1974 Satellite Sebring with a 318 and a 2 barrel. We all pitched in for a 4 barrel and manifold but his dad was a mild mannered Methodists so it never happened. Even with a 2 barrel it was nothing to peg at 120 down the highway.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yay, may have found a winner. '04 Nissan Sentra with 104k. Sentra has a timing chain rather than belt and seems to be less prone to randomness while not being too obscure to obtain parts for.
No one wins with a Nissan. Look for a stock 2 door Datsun 510 with no rust for under 5K. And then let me know where it is. :)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You might consider admitting that you have a problem and seeking treatment... :D
It is by far the least of my problems. Right now I am trying to sneak a motorcycle because there are some insane deals. Problem is I also listed out about $5k in mods. :rofl:

Some mods are looks, but most are for performance. I spoke to Ohlins about my suspension options and I am excited.

<edit> This build is actually in line with the R1 build as far as budget, but this one has a passenger seat, so it is an easier sell. :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This with a 7" bar rather than apes and 18" wheels vs the 16's. And mine would be an '09 chassis vs the '03.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The sun and moon were doin' their thang tonight.

Also, fuck this white icey shit. For realz. Lets get on with summer already!