Quantcast

ȜDZnj wat GMT njDZȜ

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gah! Skydrol!

Can't be worse than organic cutting fluid in CNC machines. If the stuff sits too long bacteria blooms in it. A type of bacteria that is fond of humans. If the stuff touched any king of scratch or cut I'd get a swollen nasty low level infection for a few days.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There didn't seem to be an indication of death from their vantage point.
Hard to imagine something of that scale falling in Manhattan without casualties. Not to mention the operator cab ended up inverted. The operator might have been fast enough to get out but I'd put strong odds on that being the casualty.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fell asleep in the Bongshed last night. It was Glorious. Moonshine makes you groggy the next day. I need a homemade Bloody Mary. Yep pretty sure of that...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hard to imagine something of that scale falling in Manhattan without casualties. Not to mention the operator cab ended up inverted. The operator might have been fast enough to get out but I'd put strong odds on that being the casualty.
No doubt, if I were there it would probably take a few minutes to sink in, my desk top safety awareness pretty much ends at staples and scissors.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No doubt, if I were there it would probably take a few minutes to sink in, my desk top safety awareness pretty much ends at staples and scissors.
I have worked in a lot of really dangerous places. Most of which happened well before 'safety' became a big thing in the workplace. What kept you in one piece was recognizing unsafe situations well before it happened and avoiding it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Careful, that sort of drinking can impact your health, try to find some cold pressed sodium free tomato juice.
Libbys in a box will have to do. I am thinking of putting some shrimp in it to make a proper breakfast. Garlic bread is not the same as left over pizza. Holy christ I feel awful.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
There didn't seem to be an indication of death from their vantage point.
The street normally has very little traffic which I am sure has something to do with the few people injured. I have been going down that street the last 6 months coming back from PT. They have been installing these massive AC units on the building I saw them on the street the other day biking to work. Did not look like there was any load on the crane though at the time of collapse.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I got Global Entry, PreCheck, and NEXUS approval for the whole family today. (Had to haul them into DIA and we all got processed despite only Mariko having an appointment. Score.)

In other news, the strong beams of the day-star upon the white snow make for quite the blinding walk from the parking garage to the hospital. I spend most of the walk with my eyes closed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I got Global Entry, PreCheck, and NEXUS approval for the whole family today. (Had to haul them into DIA and we all got processed despite only Mariko having an appointment. Score.)

In other news, the strong beams of the day-star upon the white snow make for quite the blinding walk from the parking garage to the hospital. I spend most of the walk with my eyes closed.
Let me introduce you to a remarkable invention called sunglasses

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There is an Asian joke in there somewhere.
he could supplement his income on the weekends pretending to be blind by standing in the median of a busy intersection selling pencils...