ȹשּׂﮘWednesday GMTשּׂﮘȹ

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Interesting drive in this morning. Watched a guy in raised GMC 2500HD almost go off the road.

When I was trying to merge into his lane (while over a car length ahead of him and signalling) so I could take the on-ramp, he gunned it to block me once I was halfway into the lane. I just gunned it to avoid getting hit and he decided to sit a few feet off my bumper going into the on-ramp. Given the distance from my bumper, I was unable to really slow down for the corner, so I just took it at speed. It's a decreasing radius, slightly off-camber turn that I have gotten very familiar hitting at speed, so I was not concerned about making it. Genius however, decided to follow me through the corner at full speed, while hitting the brakes when he realized it was too fast. He ended up two wheels off and less than a foot from going into a 5ft deep ditch. All I could do was shake my head and laugh.

Otherwise, still more problems with the cancelled Puerto Rico vacation. We're past the cancellation deadline without penalty. Thankfully we paid in points, but at the same time, points are worth money. Still trying to sort out how to get out without losing points. Also having trouble changing the flights once on in Puerto Rico. Massive PITA.

And to add insult to injury, Schwab coded my 2015 IRA contributions as before tax (despite being after tax) and are showing my Roth conversion as taxable. Painful. Second year they have messed this up.
when over compensating worlds collide?

:D

The syntax seems odd, in that sometimes it is flexible and other times its not. But I still think its better than trying to do something complicated in a batch script. Not that I have a ton of experience with scripting...

The next project is to use one of these Raspberry Pi's as a MySQL/Apache host and input terminal, to log access to one of my server rooms.
My biggest complaint is attenuated output. You ask it something and it gives half an output.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
NeXT for life, yo. Oh wait. OS X it shall be, after all. :D

I had weird-ass dreams last night. (Not about weird asses, Westy.) Part that I remember involved my parents owning some dilapidated, huge wood beam construction hotel? random giant flat-sided building? in Eastern Washington and my wife meeting me there, with only one (?) kid in tow. We then were going to go to dinner and I was worried my retired parents would try to pay.
That's what you call "weird-ass" ?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fixed the heater in the Bong shed. I noticed a coax cable with a F connector on it coming out of the conduit behind the heater. I plugged it into a TV and it is Basic Cable. I now have TV in the bongshed and heat. Mini fridge, heat, Puter and now TV. Today was a good day. I got a line on a pot bellied stove. Vapor barrier and insulation too. My brother has some old bunk beds.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That's what you call "weird-ass" ?
I neglected to mention that when my wife showed up with only one kid in tow she hopped out of some matte-black hatchback with both tits hanging out of a nursing bra. I rushed to cover her up... in my dream.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fixed the heater in the Bong shed. I noticed a coax cable with a F connector on it coming out of the conduit behind the heater. I plugged it into a TV and it is Basic Cable. I now have TV in the bongshed and heat. Mini fridge, heat, Puter and now TV. Today was a good day. I got a line on a pot bellied stove. Vapor barrier and insulation too. My brother has some old bunk beds.
How is your face?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I neglected to mention that when my wife showed up with only one kid in tow she hopped out of some matte-black hatchback with both tits hanging out of a nursing bra. I rushed to cover her up... in my dream.
matt-black hatchback are some weird shit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It amazes me that with all the technology available, that there are still workers in food service who cannot make change. My to go order was $10.62. I gave her $20.65. She handed me a 5, four 1s and a pile of change. It took her at least five minutes at the register to do this.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It amazes me that with all the technology available, that there are still workers in food service who cannot make change. My to go order was $10.62. I gave her $20.65. She hand me a 5, four 1s and a pile of change. It took her at least five minutes at the register to do this.
Better that moron work in foodservice than design satellites.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
American Airlines(AAL) is offering pregnant passengers a full refund if they provide a doctor's note showing they are unable to fly to the following cities: San Salvador (El Salvador), San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa in Honduras, Panama City and Guatemala City.

And we're on the "working on it" stage, and anyways we're going to Puerto Rico
sounds like they should just release some blanket advice: PIIHB

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just booked a last-minute "weekend getaway" trip to Jackson Hole. $168 R/T leaving Friday night and returning Monday morning early enough I don't even need to take PTO. Add in a friend with a guest room who's willing to schlep us from/to El Aeropuerto and BAZINGA!

The crystal ball is looking like this was a good choice:

@rideit I think we're gonna Ski teh 'Ghee on Saturdee then JH for Sunday Funday... you around for a lap or two or a beer or five? Not sure what my actual itinerary is but might be able to meet up. Friends I'm staying with are over in Drictor.
My weekends are pretty booked up with work, but I would be down for some Après shenanigans. Would Sunday Pm work on the Jackhole side?