Quantcast

ɈȅɄƌɨ

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awesome night ride last night. No one voiced an opinion on which trails to take, so I took the lead and looped us down some sketchy steep trails. So much fun, especially when you realize you aren't even on a trail. Some didn't enjoy that. :rofl:

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning my cherubs!

Ride night tonight. Scheduled an open house for Saturday. Dig the property and house, only bummer is it is an hour away from my current jerb. Almost a moot point however as anything we can afford is nearing an hour away.

Need to fix some rust spots on the Sprinter, but now rain in the forecast, meh.
Whatcha using? I'm always after the best in rust treatment and prevention. I f'in hate rust. :mad:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
How old is your Sprinter? I note that, when they rust, they do so with enthusiasm.
It's a 2012 in white, which is renowned for its shityness. I have to be on top on every nick to the paint or else it turns quickly to big spot.

Whatcha using? I'm always after the best in rust treatment and prevention. I f'in hate rust. :mad:
No treatment, the underside of the van is coated with a thick layer of yellow goo. No rust there, like new. The bad part about Sprinters in white is that they surface rust for no reason in weird places, so no treatment will prevent that. For larger spots I've given up on making it look nice and just put on some white Tremclad that closely match the white paint. The love for this van as long being extinguish...

It's a 2012 in white, which is renowned for its shityness. I have to be on top on every nick to the paint or else it turns quickly to big spot.

No treatment, the underside of the van is coated with a thick layer of yellow goo. No rust there, like new. The bad part about Sprinters in white is that they surface rust for no reason in weird places, so no treatment will prevent that. For larger spots I've given up on making it look nice and just put on some white Tremclad that closely match the white paint. The love for this van as long being extinguish...
What's the thick layer of yellow goo?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good morning my cherubs!

Ride night tonight. Scheduled an open house for Saturday. Dig the property and house, only bummer is it is an hour away from my current jerb. Almost a moot point however as anything we can afford is nearing an hour away.

I have had really good luck with POR15 rust treatment to treat stuff I can't cut out and weld in.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Relatively busy today.

Finished the building of Haley's new desk yesterday, at least to the extent that she can use it. I still need to build a drawer and paint everything excluding the top. Total cost will be $14 for drawer sliders, $5 for bolts to mount the butcher block top, and $10 for a container of butcher block wax to treat it since it's dried out. Everything else is scrap wood from the fireplace or workbench. What's really nice is that the butcher block already had threaded inserts, so I was able to just use those instead of having to figure out that mounting on my own. I also got to try out my new Kreg pocket hole tool from my FIL, which is really nice. It makes for a much cleaner build.

I do think I dislocated my shoulder again yesterday though. Went to move something from a weird angle with my arm extend and it went *pop*. Managed to get it back I. But it still hurts pretty bad. I'm not looking forward to getting old; it's going to hurt.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
wtf ridemonkey going down on a workday, during a pandemic, after the host pub died, sheesh. don't scare me like that.

hi.

I rode my dirt road bike yesterday...was pretty nice. Actually pedalled from my house to the trailhead. I thoroughly enjoyed my trashpicked roco shock, which probably means I need less travel and more compression damping, so I'll do that.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This mornings ride was possibly one of the best in a while, everything clicked and felt effortless. All sorts of good shit came out of it:

1) Trail and weather conditions were mint. Hero dirt doesn't do it justice.
2) My shock rebuild the day before my son was born made a night and day difference in how the shock feels, especially in the firm compression setting. That paired with the DW link felt like I was pedaling a hardtail, minus the bouncing and ass pains.
3) F to R tire swap and resealant held air and gave me more traction back in the rear for climbing. Noticeable difference.
4) Saw a couple deer.
5) Cleaned a few things I hadn't before, most notably a sketchy up-and-down roll I was too chicken to do a few weeks ago on a ride with @Adventurous and others. I dare say it was one of the, if not the most, sketchy rolls I've done on a trail bike. Short but steep roll up, barely a bike length of "flat", then a chunky roll with one possible line down (on the right side looking at the pic below). First attempt I was too far right on the roll up, forcing me to miss the right line down. Second attempt my front wheel got hung up at the top and lost my balance. Third attempt made the roll up and up top clean, leaned back and fucking prayed on the way down. Super stoked and will never do it again.
trail.jpg
deer.jpg
mirror.jpg
up.jpg
down.jpg

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am not sure what is happening in the thread title but here I am. Hoping to go for some MTB this afternoon if Wife can finish up her work. It's nice out there today. Tomorrow into Saturday we're going to get a good soaking.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No se.

I can tell you this though... that shit is expensive.
Worth it though. Wedding photographer comprised a third of our budget, and they still kinda sucked. We spent countless hours doing post-processing to correct the most basic stuff.

Frank's BBQ in Denver, on the other hand, was worth every penny.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
BAH did my wedding photos. They turned out nicely even without beard.

Nice looking desk, Mark.

I had a delightful "ride" in Golden Gate this morning. Perfect weather with a fleece on, little traffic so I didn't turn on the incessantly ringing bell, limited only by grip endurance.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
stayed up late repainting a door and some trim. press preview for a show this morning forced me to put on pants and be social. back at home chillin before taking the rugrats to cross country. looking nice a cool for a ride tomorrow afternoon.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Nah. It's just tiring to deathgrip the bars down all those rock gardens! Got to stretch out the digits on the intervening calm sections when they pop up.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Foot fell asleep today. Can't remember last time I'd had a foot doze off, standing up at first was real weird. Heavy foot that feels like walking in mud, but since I have been walking all my life I force on.

Then it got worse and was scared to lift my leg again. This, in the span of 5 seconds. Standing still for near half a minute, trying to remember what I need to be done for me to continue out the hallway somehow before night comes.

Pretty soon I could move again. Felt like I had on a wet boot. Thought to myself 'this is so much better' but in reality was some terrible walking, either in a wet linesman's boot or one binding of a snowboard.

Some days it does not pay to read while on the Toilet.