Quantcast

˚˚˚¶¶¶ –– Monday GMT –– πππ∆∆∆

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Deliberate asymmetry just for 'squeeb.

I'm still up. Late movie and then had shit to get done with regard to editing a paper for its second resubmission. If I drag my ass out to ride tomorrow it's probably going to be close to noon and a quick loop at White Ranch.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Father in the hospital. Doctors are guessing with a ton of stupid ideas what is wrong with him, have to take a day off and take a train 3h in each way tommorow because his current gf can't talk to them. Probably nothing has happened but I also needed to sort some national insurance shit for him since he lives in Poland but works for a Bulgarian company and pays taxes in Bulgaria. I'm not worried about his health yet (though it may be worse than I think since I get no info) but ffs this is an organizational clusterfck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
7 hours of sleep isn’t bad. Stupid cat that can open the door tried to get in overnight and just got in now (after I was already awake on my own).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Dog’s farts were so terrible last night they woke me up. Silly pupper.

Leaving Valdez this morning. It’s been good, had a few bear encounters, seen the seals, sea lions, otters, more salmon spawning, and piles of dead salmon littering the shore. Good stuff.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Took two of kiddo's friends mountain biking who had never been on single track. They are ski racers/soccer players, so super coachable. Had a lot of fun teaching fundamentals, 3 and 9 for coasting, outer crank diwn for turns, etc. Only had to peel one kids face off of a tree once, so thats a win!

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ate shit on the donkey bike yesterday hard. Washed out on turn, on a gravel path. Entire left side of my body is covered in road rash and feels tingly. Hands got chewed up too.

And destroyed the bar tape on the bike and broke the right shifter/brake pod.

Dammit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Really good Mexican food is really good. Until your stomach decides it isn't really good anymore. Just an FYI.

My opinion on Bend is that it would probably be a great place for biking if you lived there, but as a destination? Meh. The riding wasn't really that great. Dry, blown out, Sandy, dust made riding within 75' of the person ahead of you nearly impossible. It's nice to have done it, but I'm not going there as a destination again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When headed back to the lower lot there’s the narrow line between two rocks, right before the stairs with planks. The traditional optional line is to rider’s right, flat rock with a steep roll off of it.

One can also ride over the big rock to the left, too, and that’s what I did today. Surprised some hikers who thought they were off the trail. They were off the main trail, yes... it wasn’t that bad. Pretty smooth line, just requires some balance at the top to regroup before the steep roll down.

Moped comment is because on facespace he deemed the right rock line to be non-e-bike only, and the left one the moped approved one.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My opinion on Bend is that it would probably be a great place for biking if you lived there, but as a destination? Meh. The riding wasn't really that great. Dry, blown out, Sandy, dust made riding within 75' of the person ahead of you nearly impossible. It's nice to have done it, but I'm not going there as a destination again.
Do you still remember what riding out here is like?!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
feeling kind of pissy. long weekend with a lot of family. realizing that while i like most of them individually, i like all of them at the same time, and all of the chaos that ensues (especially when 10 kids between 14 and 2 are thrown into the mix) a whole lot less. plus being in the mountains and not riding also makes me grumpy. next two weeks suck for slipping away between busy shit at work and wife’s travel. /end bitching, carry on. maybe i’ll find a night where my buddy and i can build up my new wheels to make me feel better.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
feeling kind of pissy. long weekend with a lot of family. realizing that while i like most of them individually, i like all of them at the same time, and all of the chaos that ensues (especially when 10 kids between 14 and 2 are thrown into the mix) a whole lot less. plus being in the mountains and not riding also makes me grumpy. next two weeks suck for slipping away between busy shit at work and wife’s travel. /end bitching, carry on. maybe i’ll find a night where my buddy and i can build up my new wheels to make me feel better.
Not liking people is ok. Embrace it

:D

New wheels will remain strong-sized or will stand a bit taller to match the frame?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do you still remember what riding out here is like?!
The scale difference was incredible. The dust clouds from normal riding we're 10' tall and lingered for 15secs. At least here they are easily visible through quickly. And every single corner was blown out. It's volcanic sand, so unless wet, it's shit. At least we have decomposing granite based sand.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It was a beautiful weekend out on the water....until I took a tumble getting onto the boat early Sunday morning. I turned to step down onto the boat from the dock, and the lower half of my leg decided to stay there, while the rest of me continued to turn. I've got a split in the knee cartilage from a old injury, and that shifted - which sent me falling into the water where part of my back landed on the metal dock lifters. Oof. Crummy way to start the day. You know I fished through the pain, though.....and it was painful - knee is the size of a grapefruit. Caught a ton of fish and now I hurt. Check out this view, though....doesn't suck.