Quantcast

πππππ Wednesday GTM ††††††

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not dead yet!

A little sun and a nice headwind so I rode to work today. It's a 50min ride each way. Gotta get in the riding I can in between the rain.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

14" of snow yesterday. Lost multiple trees/branches to high winds and my mailbox to a plow. Granted it was slightly ramshackle but replacing it at this juncture was certainly not on my to do list.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have been on storm duty for work this week but thankfully have not been called upon (yet). Damage isn't as bad as expected (yet). Still super windy out there. Our snow estimate going into this storm was 0-16". We got about 6". On another note, the pool has been closed this week for maintenance so I've been getting a shitload of sleep.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Kiddo loves the new day care. She does 3 full days at preschool and 2 at day care. New place it a montessori type care. Will probably end up sending yet to hatch kiddo there too.

In bike related news. I’m being tempted by some fancy electronic bits by a friend that is cool and has the new udh electronic stuff in his bike. I’ll gladly take his “old” junk. . .

Kiddo loves the new day care. She does 3 full days at preschool and 2 at day care. New place it a montessori type care. Will probably end up sending yet to hatch kiddo there too.

In bike related news. I’m being tempted by some fancy electronic bits by a friend that is cool and has the new udh electronic stuff in his bike. I’ll gladly take his “old” junk. . .
Screw electronic components on bicycles.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I should go ride a bike.
Anything rideable off road down in your direction? Possibility wife and I might have to head down to Woodland Park for something on Saturday afternoon. (Obviously tomorrows storm could negate current trail conditions).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Anything rideable off road down in your direction? Possibility wife and I might have to head down to Woodland Park for something on Saturday afternoon. (Obviously tomorrows storm could negate current trail conditions).
Mostly? Usual north facing/shady areas still holding snow. Palmer probably 70% clear, ute valley is probably all good. My plan is for Cheyenne Canyon. I'm sure Buckhorn and the upper/north side of Jacks is an ice sheet that I'll probably end up walking, but that's the trail that calls me. Will report.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mostly? Usual north facing/shady areas still holding snow. Palmer probably 70% clear, ute valley is probably all good. My plan is for Cheyenne Canyon. I'm sure Buckhorn and the upper/north side of Jacks is an ice sheet that I'll probably end up walking, but that's the trail that calls me. Will report.
I know nothing down there, so I await your report :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
managed to wrench my knee in the moguls yesterday. got a sled ride down and a snowmobile ride back to the hotel... knee is very sore today still. will head to family doc or ER tomorrow. booo. It's perfect spring skiing conditions right now too... bright sun and a few degrees above freezing. :disgust:

Yes Mont Blanc will reopen lift served biking. They had some nice DH tracks in the past.
I'll be at la Réserve in St-Donat. It's on Trailfork.
I know it well. My ex had a cottage that backed on to La Réserve. We would hike and ski up the backside of it. I used to hate going to that cottage because there was nowhere to ride, or no time to ride since we were always working on the damn thing. It was 3 weekends of work for 1 weekend of hosting... I always thought the riding there could be great.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Well fuck. I knew this day was coming but I honestly thought it would have been 2 years ago. But my old girl isn't doing well and it's time. This wasn't a call I wanted to make, but I also can't see her struggling. She's such a great dog and I should have taken her the first day he got her. But I got her in the end and she's had it pretty damn good the last few years.

PXL_20230111_152848159~2.jpg

Morning Monkeys.

Well fuck. I knew this day was coming but I honestly thought it would have been 2 years ago. But my old girl isn't doing well and it's time. This wasn't a call I wanted to make, but I also can't see her struggling. She's such a great dog and I should have taken her the first day he got her. But I got her in the end and she's had it pretty damn good the last few years.

View attachment 190933
Sorry...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
AXS Force on the road bike and it's awesome. It's the only SRAM bits I have that I don't hate.
I have Di2 on my gravel/commuter bike and it's been great vs the mechanical on my other road bike which has been crap.

Just got GX AXS on my mtb and too few rides to pass judgement but I have no problem charging a battery and think it has some interesting features. That said my old bike XTR has been flawless and since the first ride with no degradation in shift quality or wear I can see, measure or feel.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning Monkeys.

View attachment 190933
:(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I like Di2 on my e-mtb. Didn't work after I ground up a cable between the chainstay and a rock a year or two back, but I found out then that the failure mode is to stay in the same gear, not go to one end or another of the range (as no spring).

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I know it well. My ex had a cottage that backed on to La Réserve. We would hike and ski up the backside of it. I used to hate going to that cottage because there was nowhere to ride, or no time to ride since we were always working on the damn thing. It was 3 weekends of work for 1 weekend of hosting... I always thought the riding there could be great.
Trails are pretty recent there. They started building maybe 5 years ago. They have lots of land which is a big advantage.