Quantcast

•• Monday GMT ••

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
LoL

Hey Yakima doesn't have trendy people or good restaurants. It's not fun at all and there's no bar scene. There's no IMBA trail systems or really any developed outdoor recreation. It's all old school. It ain't cool here man! Everyone looking for the next scene moves here and is gone within 3 years.

I ain't hiring yet but you should come get a job with the tribe, I bet that would fit your style.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey Yakima doesn't have trendy people or good restaurants. It's not fun at all and there's no bar scene. There's no IMBA trail systems or really any developed outdoor recreation. It's all old school. It ain't cool here man! Everyone looking for the next scene moves here and is gone within 3 years.
Sounds awful. See you tomorrow!

(I'm pretty familiar)

I almost went for a job in Cle Elum a few years ago but it was with the forest service. Talk about near catastrophes.

Do any of the local tribes have any listings for 'whitey killer?' I believe my services could be of use.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Helena is just about a perfect [bike] town -- especially their riding season compared to most in MT.

I'd rather get snacked on by a hyperphagic griz, than ransacked by a hyperactive tweaker...

Why not both?! ;)

But "Montana" sucks, I hear Canada is nice and Canadian bears are more polite than 'merkin bears

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sounds awful. See you tomorrow!

(I'm pretty familiar)

I almost went for a job in Cle Elum a few years ago but it was with the forest service. Talk about near catastrophes.

Do any of the local tribes have any listings for 'whitey killer?' I believe my services could be of use.
Haha Cle Elum is now a Bellevue bedroom community so you probably made the right call there!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Haha Cle Elum is now a Bellevue bedroom community so you probably made the right call there!
I noticed. 10 years ago I tried to get a job in Winthrop. I'd be in jail for terrorism by now if I'd lived up there and watched what the last decade has imported from bellevue. A firefighter buddy of mine had a running joke of the price of the private planes stored in the hangers there every year increasing in value. He said it was the only thing outpacing the housing market.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I noticed.
Winthrop and Cle Elum are on different mountain passes.

The whole i90 corridor is being westsider-ized. They're starting to over run the trails around Ellensburg and in the Yakima River Canyon now too. But not Yakima yet, its own brand of special.

What's your specialty besides hating whitey? I know other Floridians hiding on the rez who seem to be content. They say things like, there aren't any alligators here.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:rofl:

Thanks

I'm talking about shitty microsoft etc money and the places they ruin with their 12 homes. Those are two of them. Their realm of influence is wide.

You said you could find me a job with one of the tribes. I figured that would be some common ground we share. See above statement for context. Other skills include: punching whitey, cutting valve stems off whitey's tesla, flipping whitey off, and tiramisu

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

The whole i90 corridor is being westsider-ized. They're starting to over run the trails around Ellensburg and in the Yakima River Canyon now too. But not Yakima yet, its own brand of special.

What's your specialty besides hating whitey? I know other Floridians hiding on the rez who seem to be content. They say things like, there aren't any alligators here.

Now describe your neighbors house.

:rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Can you get a plunger on the end of the 4" pipe?
The pipe drains during the summer with rain runoff or if I test with a hose. I think whatever the blockage is ices up and then blocks the pipe during the winter.

I can tell I'm going to end up renting a drain scope and cleaning thingy once I feel better given it seems impossible to get a plumbing company to do the work.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The pipe drains during the summer with rain runoff or if I test with a hose. I think whatever the blockage is ices up and then blocks the pipe during the winter.

I can tell I'm going to end up renting a drain scope and cleaning thingy once I feel better given it seems impossible to get a plumbing company to do the work.
Is the pipe not buried deep enough to stay frost free in winter?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
douche turrets
Still alive and well though also.

/goes off to find a photo of the monstrosity they just finished on US40

edit, 5 turrets.

Is the pipe not buried deep enough to stay frost free in winter?
Seemingly not, probably ~1ft below the concrete surface. I'll snap a photo in the morning as I'll welcome any ideas other than spending a fortune on rental tools from HD.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Every bear I've ever met either ran like a scared kid or was completely indifferent to my presence. I hope that's how they all are.
google search terms: black bear, grizzly bear

each will return vastly different information

I chase black bears out of my yard drunk with my dick out screaming metallical lyrics. Very demeaning.

Grizzly bears keep me from taking job offers.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

I chase black bears out of my yard drunk with my dick out screaming metallical lyrics. Very demeaning.

Most of my bear encounters were in the back country of Yellerstone while doing archeological work. They wuz fuzzy brown bears. LOL

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Last week I tried to go for a ride but an accident and resulting road closure detoured me to a place I would have preferred to not be. While climbing I heard a ringing and a whir. Some dude on an ebike with bear bells and packing two cans of bear spray in his fanny pack. I literally laughed in his face.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Most of my bear encounters were in the back country of Yellerstone while doing archeological work. They wuz fuzzy brown bears. LOL
Every bear I've ever met either ran like a scared kid or was completely indifferent to my presence. I hope that's how they all are.

I don't believe you. park bears especially are like dolph lundgren just waiting for the signal to end your intestines

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I don't believe you. park bears especially are like dolph lundgren just waiting for the signal to end your intestines
I wasn't by myself - I was always with 2 other people. The big old brown bears straight don't give a shit about anybody they're like the bison. The little brown bears are afraid of big bears and are skittish. That was 12 bear encounters over 2 months.

I have been false charged by a bison in the Hayden Valley though.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

You just need a 1000 psi compressor.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hey woo. ever been in western western nc? friendly bears. cherokee res land. to the southeast and northeast of that, more land for building backcountry trails than you can shake a stick at. not much snow machinen' tho...or maybe you could just be the trail manager at tsali :rofl: