Quantcast

•>>>It'sFridayTuesdayGFMT<<<•

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Just biding the time until my LASIK procedure this afternoon. Then I shall sail away in the drug induced stupor and hope to wake up able to kind of see what's going on.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Left the house at 4:30 as I have a 6am meeting with a transportation contract holder to inspect our vehicles and I don't trust my guys to make sure all the required first aid gear is on the paratransit vehicles. Sure enough two were missing fire extinguishers and one was missing a first aid kit. All fixed now. so here I sit in my camper with the heater on sipping coffee waiting on the vendor to show up. Man I love working 14 hour days...not.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya guys! You guys sure are swell! Long work day yesterday. I don't like having dinner at 9:00. I was tired when I got home, and set the coffee maker for the usual 5:00 AM brew time. This time was special though because I forgot to add coffee grounds, so I got a fresh cup of hot water this morning instead. But, I dragged my non-caffeinated body to the pool for my masters group swim. Back in the salt pit now, coffee in hand.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Didn't really snow, meh.
Good morning anyway.

Just biding the time until my LASIK procedure this afternoon. Then I shall sail away in the drug induced stupor and hope to wake up able to kind of see what's going on.
They give you drugs for that now? When i had it done it was wham bam, in and out in under 10 minutes. I think if feel cheated if i didn't have that terror to enjoy.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
We didn't get too much snow from the storm but the constant 40+ mph winds took down a tree on the power line just down the street. Had no power from Sunday night until yesterday afternoon. It got down to around 50*F inside the house before the power finally kicked back on.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Didn't really snow, meh.
Good morning anyway.

They give you drugs for that now? When i had it done it was wham bam, in and out in under 10 minutes. I think if feel cheated if i didn't have that terror to enjoy.
Yep! Valium during the procedure for us nervous folk and Percocet for the few days afterwards. Not to mention a whole slew of steroid eye drops, antibiotics, artificial tears, blah blah blah.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
it is my Wednesday because I have to work tomorrow. I am not travelling so I don't really mind.
Putting new front brakes on the Land Cruiser today. Hopefully they don't find a whole bunch of other things that need fixing as well. Car repairs take away from my fat bike fund. I know I need a reliable car, but I really don't want to XC ski this winter. I want to Fat Bike.....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies. New cat seems fine, existing cats not in fight mode so that is good. Looks like a busy day for me today. New gimbal arrived yesterday and appears to work as advertised, if today goes well I will test it out on a night ride toniht, if not then I will ride tomorrow morning.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just had a fun meeting with 2 managers (neither were my manager), my director and my global director, in which i was getting the heat for other people not doing their jobs. :mad::banghead::butcher:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snowy and slushy. I drove my now-rebeautified Land Cruiser in and walked from the garage across the skybridge to the hospital in a glorious celebration of weather defiance.

My fever also seems to have broken last night, as I woke up super sweaty and feeling much more alive than yesterday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Weather outlook not so good for travel, yay. Get to put the snow tires on and drive around dry ass California with them. :rofl:

Maybe I'll just carry chains and hope for the best. Ugh, lets get this day over with already.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Got home 'bout 6 last night. Got a bad case of FTS. Still peeved about being forced to go on shitty road trip to frozen hell hole, so I called in sick soon as I got to the house. 4 day weekend, and I'll get holiday pay on thursday!

Valium during the procedure for us nervous folk

just had a fun meeting with 2 managers (neither were my manager), my director and my global director, in which i was getting the heat for other people not doing their jobs. :mad::banghead::butcher:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
nope. not even my functional area.

working on ye olde resume.
There is more to this story... no? You're not a manager... these people don't report to you. Yet managers are busting YOUR chops? :think:

Surgery today for me getting a vain burned away in my leg. Getting old is cool.
Getting vains burned away is only for vein people. I thought better of you, considering:

1) You're a Euro
2) You're a goddam Viking

:disgust1:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There is more to this story... no? You're not a manager... these people don't report to you. Yet managers are busting YOUR chops? :think:
they are the kind of people that have to blame someone and make themselves look good. also they are all european. not sure if the two are related.