Quantcast

[<>]•GetTheFUpFriday Gmt•[<>]

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oof too many beers and shed visits. Managed to pass out on the couch. Trying to pull it together and go to the office. Need to decide on breakfast. Leaning towards stopping and getting a burrito.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Flagged a new trail in the rain last night. Got dark on us as we were finishing, but we got it done. Will add 3/4-1 mi of trail and bypass a shitty, washed out road climb. Just waiting on approval from the ranger and then we can start digging,

IMG_1775.JPG

Half day today then home to pack for a week in Lake Placid. Fuck yeah.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHAT IT DO. Wife was up early, which means Dog was up early, which means I was up early. So I sleepwalked through a 4 mile jog. Long sleeves and a headlamp required.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Darn smoke detector beeped for no reason in the middle of the night. Nothing was on fire, it has a fresh battery, it must need to be cleaned out or something. Only a couple years old.

Only a few short hours left until I make a presentation to the entire engineering section. Joyous!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Weather report seems to indicate that the DH hill is going to be closed this weekend. Lets all get together in the shed and pray for no rain next weekend, which is when they close for the season. I also just checked and they are keeping the lift open until 8pm. Does that mean a few DH runs with lights?! :brows:

Not much on tap at work here today. The local IT peeps from our buildings around here are gathering for our quarterly meeting today, which should take up most of the day. Then, BIKES.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i put a pizza in the oven last night.....took it out this morning...

getting rid of the sigma 100-300....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ready to work over the entire weekend, dammit. At least it's interesting places with polar bears and shit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's payday bitches! Fog and cold this morning, fall has fallen, or something. Is falling? No idea, FTS Friday is on. I will seek out a burrito from Tito's after my morning meeting. That is motivation to survive said meeting. Stop standing around people, if you got time to lean, you got time to clean.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Fresh hops beer festival tomorrow! Woot woot! I'll likely ride my bike on some awesome singletrack first. Football Sunday. Wow, what an ideal weekend.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Fresh hops beer festival tomorrow! Woot woot! I'll likely ride my bike on some awesome singletrack first. Football Sunday. Wow, what an ideal weekend.
Dammit, I need to get my Bend Ale Trail trophy. Maybe this weekend would be a good chance. :fans:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Dammit, I need to get my Bend Ale Trail trophy. Maybe this weekend would be a good chance. :fans:
It's fall festival in downtown Bend this weekend so if you come to town, expect some company! Fresh hops festival is in Sisters. WELL WORTH IT.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's fall festival in downtown Bend this weekend so if you come to town, expect some company! Fresh hops festival is in Sisters. WELL WORTH IT.
Sisters? I need to see if GFF is home, I might need to hit there. I thought the only things in Sisters was the quilt festival and the rodeo. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:stupid:

one of my favorite things ...
This. I believe it may be close to the perfect food. It's a vegetable that's spicy, stuffed with cheese, deep fried (!), then smothered in delicious pork-based green chile sauce. Mmmm... and the homemade ones for Green Chile Weekend include not only "regular" green chiles, but poblano rellenos as well. :drool:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I just ate a breakfast of animal crackers, because Costco giant jar of same.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Been up since 4:30. Walked the dogs, walked the horse. Got Ruth saddled up and watched her compete at 8 this morning. Currently sitting in second place at the championship. Done for the day. Going to watch our friends ride for the rest of the day then throwing a BBQ for our friends at the RV.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Coworker that was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer a couple months ago (who I mentioned previously) has been diagnosed Stage 4, with it having spread to her liver, bones, etc.

Fucking fuck. Mixture of upset and angry.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was thinking Moab or Angel Fire this weekend, think we're going to stay at home though.

Five huge wild turkeys just walked across my driveway, definitely need that walk in freezer in the basement...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Anyone want to ride Mountain Lion with me Saturday morning? :D I want to see what my Strava time is on it without stopping on the DH.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning (ish) Monkies. I just got back from Spokane after hitting the road at 4AM Pacific. I rode Beacon Hill for a few hours yesterday afternoon. If I lived there I'd be hitting it often. Not much changed from years ago but the rats nest of trails is even more complex, there are at least 50 ways to get back to the car park.

Last night at dinner a coworker clued me in on a $550 inflatable helmet that activated like a air bag, he showed me a video. When I told him I'd need at least half a dozen a year he did not understand...

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Bought a sandwich to split with my wife for lunch. She didn't want the bacon on her half, and instead of offering it to me, she threw it away!

That's grounds for divorce.