Quantcast

$+€~Thursday-hooray-ho-hey-ho-hey-ho~€+$

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Blew off my swim this morning in order to secure 90 more minutes of sleep, and I feel like a lazy turd for it. I figure I've got until the end of the year to skip workouts until shit starts to get real.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
:wave:
Question: I keep waking up in a sheer fvcking panic--3 mornings in a row now--and it's really not my favorite way to start the day. Anyone experience this? Anyone have any preventative maintenance ideas?
I recommend checking to see if the vasectomy is still working as a great way to start the day...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Blew off my swim this morning in order to secure 90 more minutes of sleep, and I feel like a lazy turd for it. I figure I've got until the end of the year to skip workouts until shit starts to get real.
Just make sure that you get the workout in today. When is not the issue, just done.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I just used the word "betwixt" in a report: "No residual measurable abscess betwixt the gastric cardia and medial spleen."

#winning

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New bushings for wiggly Spitty should show up today and some more bits and pieces tomorrow.
Currently on the hunt for a new 2015 Spitfire. And yes, 26 in.
DOOOO IT!!! Did you ask Banshee about warranty?

I got a Strava KOM tonight. Yay. :blah:

Tonight marks 6 consecutive days of riding. My legs are shot.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
DOOOO IT!!! Did you ask Banshee about warranty?
Yeah, but that was a few months ago and they didn't have any in stock at the time. Waiting to get some call backs tomorrow.

Kind of stressing about not getting a medium 2015 (or'14). The 2016s are optimized for 27.5 wheels. I like my 26 in wheels just fine. All I needed to hear about the differences between the two is that the 27.5 is just a bit less nimble than 26. Fuck that, the Spitty is a fighter jet on tight single track. No way doI want to reduce any of it's capabilities.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, but that was a few months ago and they didn't have any in stock at the time. Waiting to get some call backs tomorrow.

Kind of stressing about not getting a medium 2015 (or'14). The 2016s are optimized for 27.5 wheels. I like my 26 in wheels just fine. All I needed to hear about the differences between the two is that the 27.5 is just a bit less nimble than 26. Fuck that, the Spitty is a fighter jet on tight single track. No way doI want to reduce any of it's capabilities.
Apparently they are switching distributers or something. I contacted them one or two weeks ago about getting new flip chips and they said they are going to someone new and leaving Trident. Maybe that's why they don't have any?

Are the newer ones actually different than the frame I have? Mine is still on 26" wheels and it rips just as hard as the V1 frame I had.

What does @jonKranked have to say about it, eh?!

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Apparently they are switching distributers or something. I contacted them one or two weeks ago about getting new flip chips and they said they are going to someone new and leaving Trident. Maybe that's why they don't have any?

Are the newer ones actually different than the frame I have? Mine is still on 26" wheels and it rips just as hard as the V1 frame I had.

Yeah, that's what I heard about them leaving Trident. I just want to get my hands on one because the new ones have different geo., including longer effective top tubes. If you run 26 on the new one it will have a 12.7 in. bb height in low setting. Anything less than 13 in. on rooty and rocky terrain is sketchy

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Nope, Chuck Testa

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The 2016s are optimized for 27.5 wheels. All I needed to hear about the differences
Really ride a 27.5 version before making your decision, you may like it better.
My current 27.5 bike is my all-time favorite bike and I'd owned every generation of the model previously.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Really ride a 27.5 version before making your decision, you may like it better.
My current 27.5 bike is my all-time favorite bike and I'd owned every generation of the model previously.
Yeah, yeah, that's what a lot of riders say. I ride like an old downhiller, slow uphill and rip anything else. Throw in some low speed tech stuff and I'm a happy camper. Low and slack with 26 in. wheels suits my riding style. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If I was more concerned with climbing and keeping a fast pace while trying to keep up with the skinsuit set, then yeah the larger wheels would make sense. But I'd rather expend my energy railing turns, popping off rocks, gapping roots, and generally having a fun time in the woods.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Yeah, yeah, that's what a lot of riders say. I ride like an old downhiller, slow uphill and rip anything else. Throw in some low speed tech stuff and I'm a happy camper. Low and slack with 26 in. wheels suits my riding style. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Basically describes me and I ride east coast rox too.