Quantcast

√π£ tuesfly gmt €π√

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I can't afford tires at that rate. On a side note, how many 'bought the power' people can actually drive that? If you get too cocky with that level of power, you're just asking for problems. Maybe I'm being arrogant but at ~500 my car gets ugh... exciting... at upper limits and I feel good at that to about 75-80%. It can get downright scary above that, though it doesn't have any nanny controls. But I've also spent a lot of time on track and karting learning how to push 4 wheels. 850 without any training or putting the time in? That could get sketchy as fuck.
People don't buy those things to go fast. They buy those things to make other people THINK they go fast.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can't afford tires at that rate. On a side note, how many 'bought the power' people can actually drive that? If you get too cocky with that level of power, you're just asking for problems. Maybe I'm being arrogant but at ~500 my car gets ugh... exciting... at upper limits and I feel good at that to about 75-80%. It can get downright scary above that, though it doesn't have any nanny controls. But I've also spent a lot of time on track and karting learning how to push 4 wheels. 850 without any training or putting the time in? That could get sketchy as fuck.
My car has maybe 380hp at the crank. It does pull 1+g in a corner and I have hung with cars well above that on the street because you really can only go so fast. While I will upgrade eventually, a C6Z is around 550 well sorted and that would be plenty.

But to get 850 from software only is damn impressive.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Hola. Cold and windy here. It sucks. Looking forward to the next two 5 day weekends after this week is over.

Boo! In SoCal, gonna ride San Juan today. Haven't done that in 16 years.
Riding there tonight at 4pm. Annual ride with some buddies and BBQ at Bad to the Bone afterwards.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.
My car has maybe 380hp at the crank. It does pull 1+g in a corner and I have hung with cars well above that on the street because you really can only go so fast. While I will upgrade eventually, a C6Z is around 550 well sorted and that would be plenty.

But to get 850 from software only is damn impressive.
Did you get those tires?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Transported a very old lady in a wheelchair to get some medical treatment and back to her house. She lives in a rundown section 8 apt in Oakland. She asked if I could spare a few dollars so she could get something to eat. I don't carry cash. So I gave her my lunch that I packed this morning. She teared up.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh. My hottest job opportunity in a long time just died thanks to obviously incompatible personalities, I think I dodged a bullet there. Another job is still warm, but thanks to all the coming PTOs, won't speak with them again until three weeks later. My motivation is near absolute zero and would go negative in a differently built universe.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How did he word the ‘thanks but no thanks?
Nice, or harsh?
He spoke with the headhunters, refused to provide any comment after I just had bent over to spend 5 hours with them in two days. Boy genius jerk.

In other news, went for a ride when rain turned into sleet earlier this afternoon. Two minutes later, sleet turned back into heavy rain and I could not see shit through my half wet half frozen glasses so I cut the ride short. Slippery as fuck, too, as we got two inches of snow, then sleet, then plenty of freezing rain on top.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I did that back in August. although i still have a pile that needs splitting.
Done now. Stacked it on pallets so I can move it with the tractor if needed. Split more then half of it and put it in the garage. We got ours in August also. I had help now so.... Glad its done.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
how many cords?
I don't know. A Fuckton. Sucky part was some of the logs were too long for the splitter. I had no mix for the chainsaw and I left them in the Bucket on the tractor for my brother. He'll have to deal with it when he needs to clear the lane. He has enough to make it through the winter. He has a Porcupine rummaging in his Garage. Causing much destruction. I would have dispatched it if I had the Combo to the gun safe.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't know. A Fuckton. Sucky part was some of the logs were too long for the splitter. I had no mix for the chainsaw and I left them in the Bucket on the tractor for my brother. He'll have to deal with it when he needs to clear the lane. He has enough to make it through the winter. He has a Porcupine rummaging in his Garage. Causing much destruction. I would have dispatched it if I had the Combo to the gun safe.
i have to buy seasoned wood, being in the burb's and all. i got 4 cords this year. on top of that i had about a cord split from a number of trees taken down a few years ago, and still have at least 2-3 more cords of that to split.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
i have to buy seasoned wood, being in the burb's and all. i got 4 cords this year. on top of that i had about a cord split from a number of trees taken down a few years ago, and still have at least 2-3 more cords of that to split.
Is wood your primary heat source?